Reading, Looking at the Pain and Finding Work Outs

Good Sunday Morning.

I have to say waking up this morning I wanted nothing more than to get a run in. The weather has been of course absolutely gorgeous this week and today is no exception. It puts such a pain in my heart knowing I cant. Even just to go for a walk. But no, I can't even put a shoe on still. I am in this walking boot and my foot is still in pain. I woke up this morning with some pain too, my foot felt heavy.

Here is the process of how it is right now...





My feet look horrible!!! I need a pedicure like a month ago haha. But the bruising is so bad, it looks worse in person, but I know that is part of the process and means it is healing right along. My toes are purple which James warned me about. I did something special for sure to this ankle and foot.

I am very happy the swelling has gone down a lot!!! But I know I have a long way to go. Last night we went out to dinner. I just had to get out of the house. I was going a little stir crazy. So James took me out to dinner, we went to Outback because we haven't been there in forever and I did actually want steak.

I got a 6oz sirloin with a sweet potato and grilled aspargus. It was heavenly, totally forgot to take a picture. It came with soup and I had a really great sangria, well 2 of them lol. We didn't get apps and we split a heavenly dessert. It felt so nice to just eat out and actually dress in something other than sweats.

I just wanted to feel normal again for one day. I put on my pair of jeans, while there was a little bit of muffin top, they went on and fit quite nicely. Which to sadly admit a couple of months ago, not so much. So progress not perfection :0)

In my quest to Embrace The Suck, I went on to Pinterest last night and looked up all kinds of exercises I can do when you have an ankle sprain. Lots in which you can sit down and do, which helps a TON!!! Yesterday for about 15 minutes I sat in a chair and did some arm reps with a light pound medicine ball.

Not much, but I am doing something and it made me feel really great. Eating is still going okay, there are moments when I am home here, but I am tracking, even though I have ate all my weeklies. I can't weigh at Weight Watchers, so I am going to buy a scale now. I have been against for sometime but I do need something to hold me accountable more, push me a little bit more. I think I might even change to online, since going to meetings, will be a little tough from now on.

Okay, what else good stuff has gone on in my boring life lol. I did end up starting and finishing TWO books this week!!! Two books I highly recommend



Amazing book!!! If you have struggled with weight loss or even if you haven't please read this book. It was her journey through her weight gain, issues in life with family and love, how she lost weight, gained and became who she was. I mean chapters and chapters and her writing, I felt like seriously she was writing a book about me, it could have been my own writing. We had A LOT in common, especially in childhood. I saw this book a lot on Instagram with a lot of people commenting about it, so I downloaded it to my Nook and I was hooked. It truly is a great book. She is a blogger and I have never heard of her, but now I am glad I came across this.

My second book came from my own bookshelf. Back when Borders closed, they ran crazy sales on their books and I stocked up in the hopes of reading them all. Well that was almost 4 years ago and I have not, so I am slowly tackling them one at a time. I like to read a Nook book and then a real book, one where I can turn the pages physically.



I picked this one up because I love Mitch Albom. I loved Tuesdays With Morrie, which I read in High School and I loved The Five People You Meet in Heaven, which also became a movie. This book was such a quick and easy read, I read it in 5 hours on Friday, I just couldn't put it down, it was amazing!! I cant tell you the last time I read a whole book in a day. It felt great to get lost in a book for a long time. I highly recommend this book.

So despite the injury, I am happy with how I am embracing the suck. I am hoping to read and finish one more book or at least two!

And while it wont be Sunday Runday, I can still have Sunday Funday!

Have a great one everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone