Heading Back to Reality

Alright I will be heading back to Florida in just a couple of hours. Today is my last day here in New York. This trip has truly been one of my favorite trips back home. While, I didn't do anything crazy or be in the sun or go anywhere exotic, just being home with my family has meant the absolute world to me.

It renewed my spirit and recharged my body and soul. I got to spend the whole week with my Poppy and it was exactly what I wanted. This man is my heart and soul...



We, seriously have a bond like no other. He saved me years ago, gave me stability and never-ending love. I don't think he knows how much he truly means to me.

Yesterday was his 81st Birthday. I spent the whole day with him, made me breakfast and lunch and dinner, we had cake and strawberries and relaxed on the couch all day. It was perfect. I miss him so much when I am gone. It is so hard to be so far away but it is a decision that is right for me. I could never live back home, Florida is where I need to be. He knows that and I think that is what makes our time together even more special.

Also with this time home, I got to spend time with my Aunt and the boys..


She is another favorite person in my world. My GodMother and Aunt and I love my special little boys..



And got to see their dog, who seriously smiled for this picture..




I also saw this girl...



My Person...

Met up with a High School friend, whom I haven't seen since I was like 16..




Which was a great way to spend the afternoon! It was so good to see her!!

And then ended my trip with Breakfast with my mom



This was literally the 20th picture we took. She is the worst with selfies haha.

All in all this trip was exactly what I needed.

I even got a 3rd run in...


Which was a huge accomplishment for me!!!! Sure, it was only a mile at a time, but it felt so good to get out there again!!! I cant wait to add the mileage back up.

Starting this week, trying for 2 miles, so I can be ready to do at least a 5k next month. Fingers crossed for Iron Girl.

I didn't read as much as I wanted to while on the trip. I did finish a book and starting another. I spent too much money at the Christmas Tree Shop and other places, but it was a great, GREAT vacation.

I am ready to see James and get back to work and the warmth!



Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to your Poppy! He is just one year younger than my dad would have been this year - amazing! Glad you had such a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone