The Prep Begins...

All right it is crazy to believe this time next week, I will be a marathoner. Come hell or high water, I will make it across that finish line.

The race committee is amazing with this race. They send updates via Facebook and emails and even mailed the official race packet to my house. It is crazy that I am even receiving material like this. My nerves and thoughts are feeling much better. I am just very excited at this point and ready for it to happen.

Today, I had to work a half day at work and then run some errands and get them out of the way. I got a lot done with what I wanted to get done with work, and then I went to the Goodwill to find a suitcase for our trip. James and I are traveling together, which we have never done, so we have always just used one suitcase. But because we are staying longer than originally planned, I am going to need my own suitcase. I didn't want anything fancy, just something to hold my clothes and found a huge one at the Goodwill for 12.46. HECK YES!!

I was super psyched that I also picked up 3 paperback books that were 1.16 a piece. The Goodwill is amazing for books. I found a Jodi Picoult book, I haven't read before, one of my favorite books of all time, A Million Little Pieces by James Fry, and one that was recommended, The Time Travelers Wife. I will be going back for more books, I could have bought a ton. I love to read.

After getting my good scores, I went to the Payless next door. I really wanted boots this year, but with my big calves and short legs, I can never find boots to go over my legs. I saw some and tried them on and to my very much big surprise, they went over my calves and ZIPPED ALL THE WAY! I was so happy, they were on sale and I had an additional 15% off coupon. Did I need them right now, NOPE! But hey I earned these bad boys, with months of training and dedication, finally I can wear calf boots.

Since we are leaving on Thursday, James and I are trying to eat everything in our house, so nothing goes bad for the week, which also means, I am not buying anything for the week, so I make sure I eat it all. This has been tough for me, but I am doing pretty good. I will have to go to Publix and pick up some sort of fruit, I am missing some mixed fruit and craving it, mainly because I am looking for more carbs and healthier ones for the beginning of the week. I stopped at Subway on the way home and got a Double Chicken Chopped Salad with all the veggies. Holy yum!! I am now obsessed with this salad. It was so filling and I got all my veggies in one spot.

We are having amazing weather in Florida today and I am hoping this means it is staying. I am talking 59-70 from morning to night. It is glorious and perfect running weather. I didn't run today, because I am only running Monday-Wednesday-Friday this week and only 3 miles each day and 2 on Friday. I am just waking up my legs, keeping them strong and solid and resting as much as I can.

I'll start packing the next couple of days and I have finally attacked all my laundry. Holy hell it has been a productive day today and I got in a 1.5 nap, which wasn't planned. And I got a hair cut.

Oh and congrats to my good friend, Nanci she just completed her longest training run to date today, 17 miles!!! Way to go Nanci! Her marathon in about 6 weeks and I am so excited for her and cant wait to see the rest of her journey as I finish up mine. She has been such a beacon of greatness in my life this year, I am truly proud of her and all her accomplishments thus far in training and what she will accomplishment later on. Make sure you follow her blog and her journey, she is awesome!!!

Comments

  1. A Million Little Pieces is a GREAT book. You'll really like it. I couldn't put it down.

    Your story about calf boots made me smile. I remember the first time I was able to wear calf boots too. Such a great feeling. Definitely one of the biggest non-scale victories, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, thank you for the mention! I am so so glad that WW and running brought us together and made us such wonderful friends. Your support is amazing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection