What We Are Reading: November



It is one of my favorite posts!!!! And I figure better late than never at this point haha. Geez life and everything seriously got in the way this last month. I thought I wasn't reading all that much but indeed I actually was this past month since October.

My most recent books included...


I LOVED this book. Much more than I thought I would. I do not own my own business but I found this book to be very inspiring. It had a lot of great stories from women who own their own business and how they rose above. Even though I work for a corporation, being just my own boss in life, it really rang true. Between this book and How to be BadAss, well they have really changed my outlook on being positive in all things. I highly recommend this book and be your own #GirlBoss.



Just like the last book I read from James Patterson, with the same feel, I read this book in one day! It was quick and easy but the ending just happened. The chapters were short and you knew the ending was happening and then it was over. No real explanation just over. It was a fun read and I love books like this from James Patterson. I love the short and sweet chapters because it makes it quick and I feel like I am really accomplishing a book. The story was heart warming and I love the past and present implications it had. I also hear that this book was a movie too.


I have read the other bestsellers from this author and really loved them and this book did not disappoint. It took me a little bit to dive into this book. I had a hard time getting into the story and I had to keep putting it down and then picking it up. BUT once I picked it up I got really into it. It had a really interesting story behind it. The main character was a bit of a baby for me. She was whiny, but the other characters were amazing. The depth of the story and how it played out made me extremely happy and that main character I was not happy with, I ended up loving!! And she had me cheering for her and her happiness. This really was a great book, I recommend not giving up with it.


Because it was Halloween time and I really wanted to take a walk down memory lane, I ordered this book from online since I LOVED it so much as a kid. I remember taking this book out of the library and reading each story and just falling in love with the short stories. I would read aloud the really scary ones and rereading the funny ones to my grandparents. I got the book and all those awesome memories came flooding back. AHH the memories. This book is great have for me as just a memory alone.

And my final book, which I just finished today and LOVED.



Nancy over at This Crazy Life of Mine highly recommended this book to me. I was waiting forever for it to come at the library and it finally did and I was thrilled. I started it the beginning of the month and I finally had some time to finish it. Another great and fast read. OH man was this book juicy!!! It followed a group of women and how their lives all intertwined without even knowing it. The last few pages of the book I LOVED and couldn't have asked for a better way to end the book, I mean seriously I was blown away. I  have never read anything from this author and now she is on my list of authors I love. I can not wait to read more from her. Make sure you check out Nancy's blog because she has the best recommendations. And go out and take out this book now!!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection