Friday Feels






Happy First Friday of February!

Whew that is a lot of "F's" lets add in some Friday Feels today!!

I have a pretty Fun weekend planned this time around too. Tomorrow I am running my first race of the year with the Best Damn Race in Safety Harbor. I am doing the 5k and running with Nanci! I did the Half Marathon last year. I thought I was ready for it. I felt like I was prepared, but deep down inside I knew I really wasn't.

Training was really hard for that half marathon for me. I had a rough Christmas and then got hit with sickness and sinus issues right after and it just tore my body up. So the morning of the race I did feel off. Then I got to the race and my nerves was all over the place and then I saw that the race had a bunch of rolling hills. I was not expecting that nor was I ready for that.

Then it was cold. Like Florida cold and it was damp and rainy. It was horrible. My body did not react well to the cold. I couldn't get my legs to move properly and I couldn't get in the zone. Plus Aunt Flo decided, Hey I am coming for a visit NOW! Which always sends my body into an overdrive.

I have never had a bad race, until that race. I was crying on the last 3 miles. I called James to tell him how freaking hard this really was. Which he said of course it is And, your running 13.1 miles, that is a shit load!!! LOL, he has a way with words as you can tell! I could not wait to be finished with that run.

So I knew this year I would want to redeem myself from that run, well then I have had some serious hip pain this year and I knew I wasn't ready and did not want to have history repeat itself. BUT I still wanted to sign up for the race, so I signed up for the 5k and I am so excited to run it. I get to run with my bestie and I have the weekend off.

And I can really, REALLY train for the Nashville Half Marathon in April.

Another Friday feel. Super Bowl is Sunday, which yay it is fun, but I get to cook a lot of fun foods for a party we are going to. Which I love cooking SB foods, they are quick and easy. So far I am making crockpot meatballs, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Crack Crackers and Fireball Jell-O shots!

Stay tuned because I will post those!

Other fun Friday feels. I am planning on dog sitting my little buddy Sherman tomorrow after the race, I plan on reading a lot on Sunday. I have not been great with my reading and need to dive right back in, I have a ton of books ready to go too!

So while it seems like a pretty simple weekend, I am pretty dang excited about it!!

What are some plans you have for the weekend??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection