Journey to 26.2 Day 31: Early Alarm, Miles, & Weigh In

First off today was weigh in day and because I had to work today, I had to weigh in after work. I am beginning to think about switching up my weigh in days. I have weighed in for the past 3 years on Tuesdays, but with my running, I have noticed that on Tuesday's is when I am starting to see a gain. NO MATTER WHAT. With my training plan, I run every Tuesday and then weigh in, while you think that would be a great thing, no so much.  I retain a lot of water and my muscles get super heavy, so when I weigh in later in the day, it is all sitting there, not flushing out.

Plus, I think I need to change it up a bit. Mix up my routine a bit, maybe weighing in on a Wednesday might be the trick for me. They have a morning and evening weigh in time, so it would work when I normally have a day off. I am going to weigh in next Tuesday and then give it a try on Wednesdays for awhile. I am trying to do everything and anything right. I drink more water now than I ever have, I am switching up my routines, I am eating more, which is a good thing with the running and the 6 days a week work out, but my body will not move.

I woke up this morning feeling sore. A good sore, my legs were sore from the running and my arms from the weights I did yesterday. So a satisfying sore. My legs felt really heavy today and I could feel my muscles, which I have never felt in my legs, so I was sure I would have a gain. Plus the fun I had on Sunday was going to creep up to me. But to a pleasant surprise I had only gained .4.

Here is the thing, a gain is a gain, even if it is a small one. It does something to you. Even though I know I am on the right path, doing all the right things, it is a slap in the face and an even bigger blow to my confidence. When I see that scale go up even for a bit, I start to look at myself all different. I compare pictures, I look at myself contently. I guess, you can say I become a bit obsessed.

I never want to go back to the way I was. I don't ever, EVER want to weigh that big EVER again. And yes, .4 is nothing, but it adds up and it freaks me out. So I have my day of pity and I will move on. I need to evaluate much more and stop with the little snacking here and there. I have a bad habit of that. I am going to Aldi tomorrow to stuck up on fruits and veggie and making sure that is what my treats are all day. I will allow myself one little low point snack in the afternoon and evening, so only 2 a day. Nothing more.

I need to jump start or spike something. And I think I need to talk to my doctor and see if my Thyroid has something to do with it. We had a great meeting at WW today, besides the small gain. We talked about what brought us to WW and what is our anchor to keep us going back.

I started because of a friend, which I have told my story before, but I never knew I would stay or grasp it as much as I did. Plus, I didn't realize how bad I was. Then it all clicked and what keeps me going is the accountability. Knowing I have to weigh in every week and I have a commitment to it. I need to do it because I am afraid if I don't, I will fall off. I stay because it works for me and I am not willing to give up until I feel 100% comfortable.

And right now is not the time.

So besides my weigh in, today was a run day and also an early work day. I have to be to work on Tuesdays at 8:15. Meaning I have to get up super early to work out because I know I will not do it after work because of WW and because we usually go for Chipotle and frozen yogurt. Who would want to run after that??

I set my alarm for 6:00 and with a little dragging of the feet I was out the door by 6:30. I got 3 miles in, roughly around 35 minutes. It was very humid because it rained the night before, but with the sweat I started to wake up. I am very impressed with myself because knowing it would have be a long day, I would normally toss in the towel. But I am sucking it up and getting it done, with no complaints. I know it will only make me stronger.

Now that is 10:50 and I can finally unwind, I am going to bed.

Off tomorrow because of the holiday week and I have plans all over the place. So much I want to do and probably not enough time.

Enjoy your day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone