Global Running Day: A Look Into My Miles

Hey Friends

So I am partaking in one of those not really on the calendar but a holiday type of days. There are a tons of them but this one I truly truly love


Woot Woot!!!!

So I have linked up with Jonesin' For A Run for this day and she has set up some questions to answer all about the miles we love. Make sure to check out her blog and link and those who have also linked up too!!

Why Do I run?
I wish I had this really profound reason to my love of running but I can honestly just plainly say that I run because it makes me happy and discouraged and it brings me out of my comfort zone. I am not great in the gym, I get distracted and I don't know what I am doing but when I am running, I am me. I know the miles and the pace, I can get lost and always find my way home. It makes me sweat like no other, clears my mind and challenges and changes me with each mile.

How Do You plan to Celebrate National Running Day?
First I downloaded my Running Bib from Brooks Running and I of course am going to go for a run sometime that day. I am off of work that day and plan on getting 3 miles in, the best way to kick off the month of June too.

How many miles have you ran so far this year? Do I have a mileage goal for the year?
I do have a mileage goal for the year and it is 1000. The first half of the year was looking a little rough, I was sick and tired and it was strangely cold for Florida and I ached a whole lot, but this second half of the year I am kicking butt and taking names. I have ran so far 250 miles, I have to average about 125 month to hit that 1000 miles, I would be happy with half at this point as long as I am still loving it.

What big events do you have on the calendar this year?
I honestly have no big races coming up in 2016. I do have some races planned already for 2017, including Rock and Roll Nashville, which I am signing up for on June 1, because there is suppose to be a really big discount and I want to have a destination run next year. The rest of this year is just some 5ks and virtual runs.

Before I leave for a run I must have:
My Bluetooth headphones and my phone. I need music!

Do you track your runs?
I do track my runs through the Endomono app. I love it. I have had a Garmin, I still do but for some reason, no reason in general, I haven't been using it. I sync my Endomono app to My Fitness Pal and to my Fit Bit also. I always have my Fit Bit on.

Who is your favorite running partner?
Nanci is my favorite out of anyone and everyone!!

What races have you done so far this year?
I have actually done a lot of races this year. A lot more than I have in the past, February I did Best Damn Race Half Marathon, Race For a Cupcake 5k , Gasparilla 15k and a Valentine's Day virtual race. March I did a St. Patricks Days 5k Race. April I did a Boston 26.2 miles over 18 days virtual race, Iron Girl Half marathon. And May I did the Hippie Dash 5k. And this coming Saturday I m doing the Best Damn Race Leftover 5k.

If you have to give one piece of advice to someone about running what would it be?
Oh my gosh, one piece of advice is really hard. But I think the biggest would be just to get out there and try and don't let the way you feel let you down with it. It is going to suck in the beginning, like a lot. And you are going to this you are not getting anywhere with it and that mile is going to take forever. BUT don't give it up, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Take the walk breaks, breathe really heavy, who cares if your thighs rub together or if people driving by see you, you are doing something so special, just keep going.

Describe your relationship with running in one word:
PASSION

Makes sure you follow the link at the tap and see how everyone is spending Global Runnng Day and get out there and run!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone