I Often Wonder

Good Wednesday Afternoon!!

Life around my parts has been a bit cooko bananas lately. Work was jam packed last week with Mother's Day and working close to 60 hours, I was a bit exhausted. So posting took a bit of a back seat..

But I wanted to touch base and share I have started a run streak. I have committed to running at least 2-3 miles every day for the whole month of May! I have done a run streak before back in 2013 when I ran one from thanksgiving till New Years and despite it being hard, I really loved it! So I'm taking on one this month, to kick ass with more motivation and to keep my head in the game!! 11 days down and I'm still holding strong. I have been tired and slow but he'll one foot in front of the other is all it is about!

And it got me thinking how different my life has turned out.... I know how does a run streak evoke that kind of thought but I think a bunch when I'm running and that popped in my head.

And today as I was sitting outside a cafe enjoying a huge salad before going grocery shopping how much my life has changed. There were times where I wouldn't even get up before noon.
 Or even order a salad at that.

It's amazing how one decision of moving here 7 years ago, made a world of a difference.

While yes it has been tough at times. And the beginning of me living in Florida was not about running and healthy. I'm so grateful where my life is now.

My whole world revolves around me just being better. I posted the other day what is your why?

My why is I don't want to be stastic to my life. Too many people blame their lives or what they were born into as an excuse. Sure I did not have a great childhood. My parents were drug addicts and alcoholics and I experienced things children shouldn't be exposed too BUT I never use that has an escapee goat for who I am.

Just because that's how I was raised does not mean I am that person. It is just a part of me. I have fought too hard for too long to ever let that define me.
Just because most of my family snuggled with weight does not mean I can not overcome it. I will never sit back and say well it's the dice I rolled. My why is because I know I'm better and stronger than that!! 

So I ask what is your why?? What motivates you to be better? Why will you never give up or back down!!? Where you handed a crappy deck too and know you can be better?!im here to tell you, you can!!!

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection