Give Me A P...

Give Me a P!!!!

Give Me a M!!!

Give Me a S!!!!

Time to have some #realtalk and Honesty

Yup. this has been my life this week...


Seriously I have been a cross between crying at everything and anything. 

SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING!

To hating life, looking in the mirror and seeing roll after roll after roll.

And then debating between eating a candy store and then washing it down with salt.

It has been rough. Let's get real ladies, PMS sucks!


Truth:

I wanna say poor James, but the minute I told him I had my period, THEN no matter what I said or did was because of that. Not because he was lazy and a bum and didn't put the toilet paper back on the roll or take out the garbage OR God forbid he actually puts his dirty laundry in the hamper and not just by it. THAT IS TOTALLY PMS Related haha.

But seriously PMS can make you feel broken. It did for me Sunday morning. To the point where I was down in the dumps. I am typically a really upbeat person, I maybe suffer from a little anxiety, maybe, I don't know, I don't know what it feels like really. BUT Sunday I felt like I was going to have a panic attack with my mood and emotions.

One minute I am happy and the next I am standing in the kitchen crying. I was beating myself up over everything and anything. It was something I had not experienced before. I knew I Had to do something to fix it.

It was 11:00 in the morning, so I looked at my running shoes sitting in the corner and I just went. I went out for a 3 mile run and the minute my feet hit the pavement and was moving down the road, I felt better.

One that sweat dripped down my face and I was catching my breathe, all those emotions were put on the back burner and I was concentrating on the music in my ears and the road ahead. It was amazing. Sure I was going slower than I wanted and the cramps were intense, but god that run felt great.

I have to say I am happy that I made the choice to just go for the run. Just get out there and hit the road and not care how hot it was, because believe it was hot or how tired I was or how I felt. I had to run away from the emotions I was having and I did just that.

Now not all PMS days are like that for me, but Sunday lets be real, it was tough. After the run I felt great and of course PMS was still there, haunting me but the endorphins from that run was a high that lasted all day.

My advice, when the world and life and everything in general is going out of wack, sweat it out. Walk, bike, run, do something, face those emotions, get lost in something else and come out on the other side and when this happens....

When ever someone says: "you must be on your period"  I Just say: "I started my day in a puddle of my own blood, is that how you would like me to end yours?":

Have a great day!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone