PSA: Zoodles are NOT Noodles

Alright lets talk about something real quick....

I love to find alternatives to some of my favorite foods, so I can enjoy them with fewer calories...etc..

I have been doing this on my journey for awhile now...

Such as Powder peanut butter for real peanut butter...

Cauliflower crumbles as crust on pizza or a great substitute for hash-browns...

Reduced fat for real fat, low sugar or sugar free, I mean the list can go on and on...I have adapted and half the time I don't even miss the real thing..but one thing I get but in reality I have to say ummmm come on....

Well is ZOODLES...

If you are unaware of Zoodles, here it is, it is Zucchini spiraled into looking like noodles, such as a substitute for spaghetti or anything involving noodles.

Okay, I get pasta can be high in carbs for sure BUT nothing can compare to noodles at all, NOTHING. PASTA is pasta, it is al dente and it is delicious and for an Italian girl like myself, well nothing compares to it. I use Pasta for my long runs. Those carbs get my sugar going and hold me over on those longer miles, seriously it is all I ate before my long runs marathon training. It is my go too.

This is funny because my sister is diabetic and eating too many carbs is bad for her, but I'm still like this:

Yes I have found an alternative in the sense I use whole wheat pasta instead and I measure and weigh out my portion, but zoodles are not noodles.

I will repeat zoodles are not noodles. Lets not kid ourselves people.

I bought a Vegetable spiraled the other day for the reason to make zoodles and other fun ways to get my Veggie game on. I Love the spiraled. I really do.

Last night I made zoodles and made James spaghetti. We paired it with sauce and Lean Turkey meatballs. It was the perfect Italian meal...

His was anyway...

This was mine...

























Looks good right.

I mean it really, really does.

 And it tasted good. I made the noodles, oops, ZOODLES, with my high class As Seen On TV device and then boiled them, like real noodles. Added a little salt and seasoning. Added some pasta sauce, added the turkey meatballs and some reduced fat parm cheese and some crushed red pepper.

But here is the thing....These were not pasta. No way no how. I longed for the pasta James was enjoying and I sat there with my veggie side dish, lets me honest.

It was a bit filling but I would added so much more protein and even more zucchini. I used 3 small ones that were organic and I basically paid my whole paycheck getting. And once boiled I swear they all disappeared and this was what I was left with.

It was a great side dish but for a full meal, well I would rather eat whole wheat pasta and fill up a bit more.

Awesome carbless option and perfect for a small lunch.

I like Zoodles and they are fun to make and I will add more and more to them, but lets be real...

It is not NOODLES and lets give NOODLES the respect they deserve!!!

“Absolutely not ink” tober Day 18-27: Pasta and pasta accessories (These are parts 28 - 30 of a 30 piece puzzle! Come back on the 31st for a spooktacular reveal!)




If you are making Zoodles what is your favorite way to make them??!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone