Easy Turkey Taco Dinner minus the "Taco"

If you have been following me for quite sometime, you know I love anything that is quick and easy. I love it to be wham, bam, thank you Mam! So when a friend of mine sent me a text of a turkey bowl she had made, I was all over that.

Now you can take this and make it a 1000 different ways. Since James in Maryland for the week, I made enough so I could have dinner, and then 2 lunches, which has been perfect because I didn't want to throw out left overs.

I used ground turkey. Normally I just make chili or a turkey burger with it, but I forget how easy it is, just to brown it up and go. I browned it in a pan with some chipotle seasoning and frozen red, yellow and orange pepper strips, you can use fresh if you like. My chipotle seasoning was just some minced onion, cumin, garlic, hot pepper, garlic powder, I had a kit that included it all. I browned it until the turkey was fully cooked of course.



I had already made red quinoa  couple of days ago, so I just used some left overs from that. I have to say making quinoa is a great side dish, it adds a lot of health benefits and protein.

I used 1/4 cup of quinoa with 2/3 cup of the ground turkey and pepper mixture. 



In a bowl I added 2 cups of spring lettuce mix then put the above mixture on top. I added some cherry tomatoes and one tablespoon of reduced fat mexican cheese. I topped it with 1 tablespoon of Bolthouse Chipotle Ranch Yogurt Dressing and 2 tablespoon of salsa and then of course added some hot sauce.

The salad/burrito bowl was delicious. The quinoa added a great crunch and the flavors all together were perfect. 



It came out to a total of 10pp and I was full and satisfying.

This recipe is very simple and can be made in various ways. Get creative, use whatever you have around the house. It is a great way to get protein, veggies and some flavor and fun to a typical evening meal. Plus it makes lots of leftovers, you can have it for days. It even tastes great days later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone