Bad Runs and Goodbye to 28!!

Ever have one of those days where you set yourself up for success to have it all just crash..

Yeah this morning was one of those mornings.

I was in a really deep sleep and did not want to get up, I hit snooze all morning. Frankly all week I have been a bit off, I know it has a lot to do with not having a day off in 9 days and training but it sucks!

Today is a run day so I set to go for 3 miles. My legs were sore from the lunges and squats, it's an awesome feeling but man they did not want to move. About .90 of the run my stomach started to really cramp up. I took some walk and breathes but I couldn't out run the pain.

It was bad and I was doubling over and then the sinus pressure behind my right eye was really pounding. With the heat, the humidity and the cramps it was making my pressure pound. Like a drum in my head. 

I knew I was going to have to cut the run short and walk the rest home. I wished I could run it home to get there faster but I was hurting. This sometimes happens before Aunt Flo comes to town. But yesterday all day I had some stomach issue after my big breakfast. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Here is what I managed..


Not a good run at all. I started strong but then bad. I'm glad I didn't push through and listened. Bad runs will happen and my body will rebel against me. It is not used to all of this. I will let it win today but  that doesn't mean I will give up!!

I will be back tomorrow stronger, faster and making up those miles. 

Today is my last day as 28 and what an awesome year it has been!! I ran 2 half marathons, a 15k, 3 5k's and completed a two day Challenge which came to 25.5 miles. I have lost weight and gained some. I have gained muscle I never knew I had and gained confidence I always strived for. I have proved myself in my work environment and did a month long running streak during the most stressful time of the year.

I have learned forgiveness and released my father from the box beside my bed. I have gotten closer to my family and realizing them and my small group of friends is all that matters in this world. I branche out of my comfort zone and signed up for a Full Marathon and researched a training plan and have stuck to it for 88 days non-stop.

I have cut my hair, dyed it. I have bought clothes and sizes I never thought possible. I have worn dresses and tanks tops and felt most pretty with just my sweats on. I learned I love to sweat and run more than drinking and going out. Wine and margaritas are my drink of choice and a good book makes me whole.

It's hard to believe that I will be 29 tomorrow but 28 truly was a great year. I have met some people I never thought I would and I know they will follow with me for years to come. I became a blogger and inspiration to many when I turned 28. So many wonderful things that have shaped who I am.

Do I want to turn 29...

Sure why the heck not!!

Age is just a number and i am getting better and better with each and every year because I don't want to look back and say I wish I did...

So cheers and goodbye to 28..

29 I am looking forward to an amazing last year of the decade that was my 20's!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection