Week 13 Begins, Water is my BFF & A BDay Treat to Myself

Okay so Week 13 begins today. 13 weeks I have been training for a marathon. 13 weeks, I know most only do it for about 16 weeks, which holy crap that would scare me! I love the idea that I have about 11 more weeks to go. I like the idea I still have training to do but the scary mileage is coming up this week.

Technically, today I was suppose to run 15 miles. BUT because we had a second inventory to do at work with my sister store, I was not going to run and then go to work and do inventory all day. I made the executive decision to change the run to my day off, which happens to be this Tuesday. So Tuesday at 5:00 am I will be embarking on my longest run to date and then every other week after that the mileage climbs a little higher and higher.

To say it doesn't scare the crap out of me is an understatement. I am not nervous about doing it, I am nervous of how I will be feeling and hitting that wall. But I am excited about accomplishing it and saying I got it done.

Okay, well before I get ahead of myself. Today begin week 13, so I ran the mileage I would normally run on Tuesdays, which is about 3-4 miles. I decided to sleep in, since I didn't have to get up for a long run and just run after I got home from work, which I never really do. It felt so weird to sleep in on a Sunday, sit and have a cup of coffee and not run in the morning. After work, I cleaned up and went out for 4 miles.

I can honestly say I do not like running at night or after work. My mind is all over the place, my body is a bit tired, it is still very, very hot and even more humid and I forget what I am doing, like being prepared. I forgot to bring water and I was very dehydrated. I ran by a lady watering her plants and I seriously was thinking about running up to her and asking her to drink out of her hose. It was bad.

Never will I make that mistake again. Water is my new BFF. Speaking of that, my 100 ounces a day is going great and I have even gone over 100 a lot too. Almost a gallon a day. Woohoo. I can feel a big difference. Unfortunately this week Aunt Flo was in town, so I was feeling crappy anyway, but the water helped because I wasn't feeling as bloated as normal.

After my 4 miles, I made an awesome dinner of Trader Joe's Chicken Burgers, cut up sweet potatoes and some zucchini. All in all a pretty successful day and start of the week.

Last night we had a great time at the wedding. The food was amazing, the drinks were overpriced, so that was limited and I had a pretty good looking date...


We look so old! haha. I got the dress the day before from Ross for 8.50. I couldn't pass up quite a deal and I LOVE CHEVRON!! I was stoked and the dress fit perfectly. I felt beautiful and my confidence was threw the roof. I would never have worn something like that before and expose my arms. But I am embracing my flaws and loving the changes my body is making.

And with that being said, I got this as a birthday gift to myself for how far I have come, how far I have yet to go, to motivate, inspire and get my to that 26.2 finish line..


I have been eyeing this up for quite some time now and finally thought it was the right time. I talked with Nanci about it on our run, how I thought I was jinxing myself and she proved me wrong. She saved us it as motivation and determination and it fits more aspects in life than just the marathon. Hearing her say that it rang true to me and I knew it would be mine. I love it and wear it proudly and find myself looking at it.

And I think, after the marathon I will engrave the date on the back.

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday, how ever way you spent it, I hope you Sparkled a little bit brighter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection