Journey to 26.2 Day 93: Appreciating 3 Miles

I completely forgot when I did my transformation post to update my training for the day.

Tuesdays used to be a day I dreaded. I normally have to be to work at 8, which means I have to get up around 5:30-6 to run, which is usually just my 3 miler for the week. After my run, I have to rush around to change, shower and try to either pack a breakfast and lunch to bring to work or just my lunch, etc. It is fast paced morning, with not much of a down time.

To be honest, it took awhile for me to get into the groove with it. Now after 93 days, Tuesday's I look forward to my 3 mile run. I really don't mind getting up early and hitting the pavement. I usually have down pat what I am going to bring for breakfast and lunch and I am ready to go. I don't go all out with my looks on these days and keep things very simple.

I love long distance running, a lot. My favorite mileage is 8. Something about it to me is perfect. I think because it was the mileage when I realized I can really do this. But I appreciate and enjoy my quick and easy miles on Tuesday's. It really has been a great way for me to start my morning. And then when I come home from work, I can just relax and unwind, knowing I put effort in this morning to get it out of the way.

This morning was a bit different because I went it to work a little later than normal, so I got an extra hour of sleep. I got to eat at home and enjoy a cup of coffee before work started. It was nice, which made me realize how much I do enjoy my Tuesday's again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection