Fab Find: Pepperidge Farm Swirl Bread: Gingerbread Edition

As stated before I love the tastes, smells and flavors of Christmas. Gingerbread is one of those Christmas favorites for me also, I tend to not make Gingerbread people but when I find something that has Gingerbread in it, well it is hard for me to pass up. Hence I almost went into full on rage when I found out Starbucks was not going to have Gingerbread lattes this year on their seasonal menu, How dare they!! Dunkin Donuts better step up their game, I will not have any shame driving out of my way there to get some sweet, spicy, Gingerbread.

Okay now that I have gone completely off the deep end and track, back to what I wanted to show. Pepperidge Farms has a line of seasonal types of bread, such as Caramel Apple, Pumpkin Spice, Strawberry Banana and now for the Christmas season, Gingerbread. I have tried all the others before but end up eating one slice and then it goes bad. I wait until Big Lots has them on their shelves, because I know it will be almost half the price. Well the other day while I was there I found that they had the Gingerbread Swirl bread, I figured why the heck not.

One slice is 80 calories or 2pp. Not bad for a little side piece to your breakfast. I tried the bread this morning and it is fantastic. It definitely tastes like Gingerbread and the slice is not a small, thin, slice of bread, it is a huge, thick chunk. I made a piece for James and myself. He asked, what do I put on it, I figured I was going to put Almond Butter on mine and he opted for Reduced Fat Peanut Butter. I spread mine with a 1/2 tablespoon of creamy Almond Butter and it was heaven. One piece is just enough and the almond butter gave it a nice nutty and spicy hint. It went perfect with my yogurt and coffee this morning. I would even have this at night, toasted with some pb or almond butter and a cup of sleepy time tea, while the Christmas lights are on. Didn't I just paint the perfect picture?!



Not sure if all grocery stores will sell this, but I did find it at Big Lots and it is worth getting. Just remember to portion yourself and it has a ton of flavor so no need to add lots of calories with butter. This bread this nice and thick and would make perfect gingerbread french toast! OOO, that sounds like breakfast very soon! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection