2014 Goals

The word resolutions always has connotation that it is something that can be broken and by most they are within the next couple of weeks, months, etc.  I like the idea of just setting goals or a bucket list per say for 2014.

Here are some things I would like to do....

1. Read more. Read at least 1-2 books a month, whether they be on my Nook or a real book.
2. Laugh at least once every day.
3. Advance in my job and work hard to get promoted to the next level. Take on new tasks in my role.
4. Call my family, Poppy and My Mom at least once a week, even if it is just to say I Love You.
5. Send my family back home cards on the holidays. I know they would really enjoy getting some mail from me.
6. Pay it forward for someone in line at the store or Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts.
7. Get my finances in complete order, start paying off a lot of my debt and lord I have tons of it. And actually have a savings starting.
8. Put 25.00 dollars a week in a jar for my savings account. And on weeks that I am feeling really.
9. Get really straight with my couponing and paying it forward with items I stock pile.
10. Help out a shelter, soup kitchen or retirement home at least once every 3 months.
11. Attend a concert
12. Go away on vacation that doesn't count going home to New York.
13. Work out at least 4-5 times a week, either it be running, or a home DVD or working out at the gym. If I do more during the week, then that is great.
14. Work out more using weights. I want to tone up my body and tie up my flab on my arms and thighs.
15. Deep clean my apartment.
16. Run a 1,000 miles in a year.
17. Participate in more races, including doing more virtual ones.
18. Continue with Weight Watchers and weigh in every week.
19. Eat clean at least once or twice a week. Its hard for me to cut out all processed foods from my diet, but at least off set it once or twice a week and not eat anything processed.
20. Go to the park more.
21. Get to the beach more.
22. Run on the beach.
23. Use my digital camera more and capture more pictures on the camera rather then my phone.
24. Hit my 100 pound loss goal.
25. Wash my face and brush my teeth every night before bed.
26. Take vitamins every single day.
27. Drink more water, at least 64 oz a day.
28. Unwind here and there with a glass of wine at night.
29. Limit my tv watching.
30. Find a hobby, something to occupy me
31. Join a running club, book club or some sort of club.
32. Expand my blog more, network more with my blog.
33. Cook or bake at least once a week from one of the trillions of cook books I have.
34. Run a PR in a 5K.
35. Walk less in my Half Marathon Training.
36. Participate in a Fun, Dress Up Run.
37. Do a running Challenge race, such as back to back races.
38. Participate in a fitness challenge, doing something every day for a month.
39. Get my boyfriend to run or walk or work out more with me.
40.  And my big one...RUN and TRAIN for A MARATHON!!!!!!!!
Not sure where it is going to be or what race or when rather, but I really want to accomplish it by this time next year!

I am glad I am writing these down so next year I can look back and see how far I came, what I accomplished or maybe even added to the list.

Remember set your goals based on your emotion and feeling. Don't get frustrated if you don't meet your goals, you can always go back to them or adjust them. You have 12 months to make it right!!!

Today starts your next journey! Make it a good one!!


Comments

  1. Hi Angelina, that is quite a list, but a marvelous one with a lot of good goals on there. Definitely gives you a lot to shoot for. It is going to be a fun year to watch you work through your list. Have a blessed night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection