Early Morning Nonsense

It's almost 6:00 AM and I am wide awake. Not sure why or how but I woke up and just jumped out of a bed. Of course because it is my weekend off and the days I can sleep in and my brain and body does not, but come Monday when I have to get up, I wont be able to move. Oh the horror...

So I am sitting here in the living room, practically bored. I could put in a work out DVD, I could go for a run, I could open a book but what am I doing... I paid my bills, I have a tab open for Pinterest, I looked on Bloglovin and now I am trying to search how to make my blog have more spark.

Anyone know how I can do that???

I am very new to the blogging world and I look at every one's and they have these awesome videos, pictures and stuff to go along with their posts. Or side headings, etc. I love my blog a lot. I love everything about it and I love having people stop by to see what is new in my world. So I want to make it more "blog" like I guess haha. I don't know it is early and my mind is rambling.

It is really cold here for Florida right now and it rained all night, so I am really not in the mood to go for a run. Maybe in a couple of hours when I fully wake up. James and I are both off today, which is rare and nice. He isn't feeling to hot, and he NEVER gets sick. I think we are just going over to Whole Foods today, I need to pick up some stuff and then lunch and then probably back here for the night.

I wish there was more for us to do, but really I cant imagine or think of something. Maybe I can get him to go to the movies or bowling, but I will see how he is feeling, like I said, he NEVER gets sick, so all hell breaks loose.

Couple of wins from yesterday...

My friend Jacke stopped by at work yesterday with her husband and they brought me a Skinny Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks. It was glorious and just what I needed, I started hitting that 3:00 clock slump, even though it was almost 6 lol. It was so sweet and thoughtful for them to do that.

Also my friend Melissa and her husband stopped by to say hi while they were in the mall also yesterday. I felt so special to have people come in just to say hi. We chatted for a bit about New Years and see what is new and exciting. Its always great to see Melissa because I hardly get to see her.

I went back to work for just one shift and it wasn't too bad. I am a control freak when it comes to my store, but I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, considering I was not in my store for over a week. We had a couple of hiccups, but we got them taken care of and now I am glad I can have the whole weekend off. I don't get this often but with the  PTO I had available and the Holiday week, I am taking full advantage of it.

I also thought yesterday I looked pretty cute in my attire. I even had a customer say something about how nice I looked. The funny thing is the whole outfit probably cost me 15.00 but you can make it look like way more. The top is from Old Navy. It has a sweatshirt feel to it, but when paired with dress pants and a fancy scarf or necklace, it actually dresses it up a lot.


Excuse my laundry basket. I needed some height for the mirror.


I need to get better at Selfies, why so serious?? haha


I wanted to show off the scarf, I love it. My mom's boyfriend got it for me last year, I was shocked and surprised at how awesome it was. Plus I need to do something more with my hair, I want to wear it down more but it is going through a phase, last year I had a great cut and it hasn't been the same since, cant get anyone to recreate it again. I think I need to straighten it more also. My good hair did last for a bit yesterday too. I will take whatever I can get.

I got the shirt for about 4.50 and then the scarf was given to me as a gift for Christmas last year. The pants I got at the consignment shop last week and my flats are from Payless. They are my favorite flats I own, well scratch that my leopard ones are my favorite, these are tied for first.

WomensAmerican EagleWomen's Avery Bow Flat

Image from the Payless website, they are on sale for 12.99 also right now!!

 I also own them in black that I got last week. They come in Navy and Maroon too. But since our dress code is black, white or grey, those colors don't help me much, since I am always at work.

But the thing is I am really starting to enjoy dressing up for work and wearing items that fit. It is still hard for me, because as sad as it is, at times I still see the fat girl in the mirror. So I will wear something that is too big or I hide under a piece of clothing, or I wont wear it even if it looks good. It is something I am still trying to get over, but what I have to embrace is I am on a great track and my body is always changing and I look pretty damn good.

And another win from yesterday, I found these Luna Protein bars at Big Lots, which by the way is one of my favorite stores. The snacks, food and product I can find there is amazing! I find some really fantastic things there. Such as these bars. I enjoy Luna products, the protein ones I like more because I feel I am getting more of a bang with my Points Plus value points.



This one was 5pp, I just wish it had more than 12 grams of protein, but I used it as a filler at work before I had my lunch. The flavor was great and it tasted like I was eating a chocolate bar, rather than something healthy. Anything with chocolate, cherry and almond and I am in! I am on the hunt for a new one they have that is Chocolate Almond Coconut, can we say healthy Almond Joy??

Anyway this bar was great, I paired it with a bottle of water to help keep my full until I was able to have my sandwich later on.

Okay now that I am done rambling, I will be signing off. I think I might try to go back to sleep, I mean I am on a mini vacation anyway.

Until later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone