Snug As A Bug In A Rug...

All I can say is nothing is better than a good nights sleep. After a long day yesterday, I didn't even fall asleep until 11:30, I thought for sure I was going to pass out way before then, but let me tell you, once my head hit that pillow I was down for the count. I was snug as a bug in a rug for the whole night. I didn't even get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, which is a first.

I set my alarm to get up at 7:00 so I could go downtown and run, but I was in such a slumber and hit snooze and didn't get up until 8:30. I didn't even want to get out of the bed then. Our new comforter and sheet set is just perfect.

We have dark curtains and being under the covers, were is warm and cozy, I just wanted to stay like that all day. So I decided to reschedule my run downtown until later today, which works perfect because my Weight Watchers group is walking downtown also today. I'll get my 8 miles in and then walk with them for another 3. A great day and night of exercise.

Being able to just sleep in today a bit and relax, I have gotten done a lot of what I know I probably wouldn't have done if I ran earlier. I got our Christmas tree down, finally and I rearranged our apartment to make it a bit more cozy and I set up a little office area also.

Today is also Day 1 of Simple Start and it really is quite easy and simple. I followed some of meal plans they had suggested and you know what, a lot of it is what I already do. Just trying new things and I kind of like the idea of no tracking, even though I looked up what points would be etc.

For breakfast I had 2 servings of Cream of Wheat made with Fat Free Milk and drizzle of sugar free pancake syrup, tossed in some blueberries, strawberries and half of banana. Only reason I had 2 servings of Cream of Wheat is because I am running later and I know I need some extra fuel and I wanted to make sure I was nice and full. I paired it with two cups of coffee, also made with Fat Free Milk and Splenda.



I tried this new coffee because I had a coupon for it and I have only seen it Publix and no where else. I am very much a light roast, flavored coffee drinker and S'more is delicious anyway you have it. This was really quite tasty, so good I did go for that two cups.

My breakfast nice and filling.



 For lunch I sat down and made a Boca Veggie Burger on a Thin Sandwich Bun with some lettuce and two pieces of Roasted Red Peppers and Spicy Mustard. I paired it with a bowl of Progresso Light Roast Beef Soup and a fruit salad. I love that I didn't have to track this and everything was a Power Food and Simply Filling.



 This is turning out to be great.

I am getting ready to run downtown with in the hour. I think I am going to bring a snack for after the run and before the walk. Maybe a yogurt and a protein bar and use some of my 7pp indulgent points and use another for dessert. Even though last night I had some Fat Free Ricotta Cheese with Pineapple and it was perfect.

Sorry for the rambling post, had a lot to get to and didn't know where to start. Hope everyone is enjoying your Hump Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection