Transformation Tuesday

Okay I slept horribly last night, I tossed and turned all night. I don't think I finally fell asleep until 2 and then I was up at 4:30, so I could go to the gym with Jacke. My brain just could not turn off, I was thinking about anything and everything and just couldn't sleep. But despite being so tired and I could have totally slept in, I still went to the gym with Jacke. I got a good hour of cardio and weights in, it felt great and I didn't mind being up. But now I am sitting down and watching a Glee Marathon on Oxygen, it seriously is my guilty pleasure, I wish I was off today so that is all I could do.

So since I was up early and surprised my own self, I was looking at my old pictures and came across this and compared the two together.


The picture was taken in March of 2011, I was already two months into my journey with Weight Watchers, I think I was down about 15 pounds and still very much into the 200's. I was feeling great and so happy to see the process and Weight Watchers working. I was starting to really get in the groove and I knew I was sticking with this journey. The picture was taken while I was out to dinner at Universal Studios visiting my family while they were in town. I look at this picture now and I can't believe how big I had gotten. I never saw it though, I knew I had put on weight, but I didn't realize how much or how out of hand it had gotten. But here is the thing, I wasn't angry or upset or depressed, I just ate, I ate a lot of bad things. I didn't read labels on packaging. I just ate to eat, and everything in sight.

Now the picture on the right is someone who extremely different. I am still that girl on the left, on the inside of course, but the girl on the right is who I was always suppose to be. I am 148 pounds, happy, healthy and active. I have a whole new life. I run, exercise, eat right, sleep better (at times) I have new outlooks on life. I was always a happy person, but now I feel happy on the inside and it is shooting through on the outside. I love how my body moves and grooves now. I like how I look in my clothes now. I just like how I feel and how I carry myself.

The transformation isn't just physical, it is mental and emotional. Sometimes you need to take a comparison and see how far you really have come. 

I recommend you do it for yourself. Take a picture of your journey and compare the two, remember though to always love the "old" you and embrace the "new" you. 

You were always beautiful and you always will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone