Kicking Off The New Year

Okay so we are officially into the New Year!!!

Yesterday we had a nice, lazy day around here. James and I were both off and he wasn't feeling so great and I just wanted to be lazy so we did nothing. He did make us waffles and turkey sausage for breakfast. It is part of our New Year goals to each, I asked him to surprise me once and while, showing he really cares, like picking me up something I love or making dinner or breakfast or doing laundry, just helping out a bit more. And he started off the new year right.

After we watched some movie on Netflix, just to unwind to, didn't really pay much attention to it. I cut my coupons and paperwork I had to update. For lunch I made some soup and James got Pei Wei, it is his ultimate hang over food lol. I went to CVS and got some things and a new planner, which I love of course.

Then the rest of the day we just relaxed.  I got almost a 3 hour nap in and James just stayed on the couch all night. I finished my run streak with a nice 5k after the rain finally cleared. And the rest of the night we just watched tv and read some magazines. We ate in and just had a great start to the new year.

This morning I kicked off the new year by getting up and going to the gym with Jacke. We have a plan in action to motivate each other and plan to run or get to they gym with each other at least once or twice a week. It was great because we haven't seen each other in a long time. We did 35 minutes on the treadmill at a speed of 3.1 and an incline of 6. It was a great change of direction from the running I have been doing for the last 32 days. We caught up on our lives and other things, especially goals we want to accomplish this year.

After we did some of the leg machines and my legs were feeling it. Next time at the gym it is all about arms. I want to switch it up this year and do of course more running and then strengthening and toning my body. I am clueless, I admit to the gym and the equipment. I don't know what machines I should be using, or reps or how long. But I am learning and it is goal to work on and research this year for sure.

Once we got a good 50 minutes in, we headed home and I made lunch for James and I. I really want him to lose some weight and get into a healthy lifestyle with me. So I am trying to make his lunch for him anytime I can, that way he is saving money and mostly calories. I wasn't sure what I wanted for breakfast but ended up coming with a great hot oatmeal mixture.


3/4 cup dry Quaker Oats Quick Oats
1 cup of Silk Unsweetened AlmondMilk
1 Splenda packet
6 Chunks of Fresh Pineapple
1 Tablespoon of Mango Jam
1 Tablespoon of Trader Joe's Coconut Chips

8pp

I mixed the oats and milk and put in the microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds.
After cooling a bit I mixed in the splenda, pineapple and mango and then garnished with the coconut chips.

It was a nice tropical escape after the rainy day we had yesterday!

I have a great work week this week, I worked Sunday and Monday and was off Tuesday-Wednesday, I work a closing shift tonight and then off until Monday. Holiday time off and unused PTO is so great this time of year. Just the fresher I need to take on our new year!

Have a terrific Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone