Top Ten Tuesday: Christmas Songs

 It's beginning to look a lot like....


It's Tuesday, it's December and it is Christmas time!!!

This week I am listing my favorite Christmas Songs. Let me start off with saying there is something so magical and special about Christmas songs am I right!! Christmas songs just give me a sense of peace but also can change my day in an instant. Thanks to my bestie  Nanci, she found me the Christmas station on the radio and now on my drive home from work, after a stressful day, I can unwind a little bit more with the sweet holiday sounds. 

Okay so here we go...

Image result for Christmas Songs

10. The 12 Days of Christmas the MUPPETS version!! Growing up my mom had the Muppets Christmas carols record and I listened to that over and over, I even tried to find it on CD later on and had some luck, but the version they sing of the 12 days of Christmas always makes me laugh.



9. The 12 Pains of Christmas by Bob Rivers. So funny and so true. Especially the parking at the mall lol.



8. White Christmas- Bing Crosby. My little cousin, who is not so little anymore, would only fall asleep to this song and you had to sing it to him. It was the sweetest thing ever and I remember laying on the couch with his little head on my heart singing this too him, while it snowed outside. One of my favorite moments and memories.



7. Where Are You Christmas? Faith Hill. This song is from The Grinch, the newer one with Jim Carrey and I absolutely love it!!



6. Must Be Santa- Mitch Miller. Another one I was brought up on. I was blessed to be raised by my grandparents and they only had a record player, but the best records around, especially at Christmas and we would sit and play this over and over. I can still hear it now...



5. Christmas Without You- Kenny and Dolly 



4. Happy Christmas (War is Over) - John Lennon. This was my Dad's favorite Christmas song and I absolutely love it. "So this is Christmas and what have you done, another year over and a new one just begun."



3. Jingle Bell Rock- I love the beat and the rhythm and it reminds me of just being excited for Christmas as a kid.


2. Santa Claus is Coming To Town-Bruce Springsteen. His voice and the laugh he does in the middle of the song, well you will understand.


1. All I Want for Christmas Is You- Mariah Carey. Her whole Christmas Album is the best of all time, but this song of course tops them all.



I have plenty, plenty more, but what is your favorite???







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection