Low Point Apple Crisp

At my Weight Watchers meeting yesterday, my leader told me about a low point apple crisp and I couldn't resist making it today. I love apple crisp, I don't have it often or really at all, because it can be high in points and frankly I like low maintenance  baking, so when I can find something easy and quick and low in points, well I am all game!!

This apple crisp is again so easy and quick, perfect for a craving, a family gathering, party or just to have around the house. Requires only 3 or 4 ingredients to prepare this and you might even have all of it in your house right now.

Apple Crisp
Serving Size 4
4pp for a serving

4-5 medium apples
2 packets of Cinnamon or Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (preferably one that are 100-120 calories or 3pp)
8 oz of Diet Sprite or Diet 7up
5 sprays of Can't Believe It's Not Butter
1tsp of light brown sugar
8x8 baking pan

Here is what I used:















I actually used 5 apples because I wanted more bulk.

Cut up the apples into chunks. I didn't peel my apples because I don't have peeler and I love the skin on the apples, I enjoy more of the nutrients.
















Then open the oatmeal packets and sprinkle over the apples. Sprinkle all over the apples evenly, to make sure all areas are covered.
















Next pour the Diet Sprite or Diet 7up over the apples and dry oatmeal. Also sprinkle the light brown sugar and spray the dessert with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, just a couple sprays.
















Preheat oven to 375 and then bake for about 20-25 minutes. The crisp will bubble and the oatmeal will have a toasted look.

To break up the 4 servings, cut the crisp into 4 and top with Fat Free Reddi Whip or Fat Free Cool Whip.

Perfect dessert for fall.


Comments

  1. Do you know how many points per serving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says 4 pp at the beginning of the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put the ingredients through the WW recipe builder and if you use the low sugar Quaker maple and brown sugar oatmeal packets (2), it only comes out to 2 sp per serving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds more like it. I always add up number of points for all ingredients and divide by number of servings when doing points for things that don't have them.

      Delete
  4. I simply use cut-up apples, plain oatmeal, cinnamon and Splenda brown sugar...mix it all together, microwave, done! No using aspartame-laced beverages, the apples give enough juice, and 0 points

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think plain oatmeal and Splenda brown sugar both have points.

      Delete
    2. 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal is 4 points soif you use 1/2 cup and it serves 4 that would be 1 point for the oatmeal.

      Delete
  5. Wish you had conversion to personal points.oatmeal plain is free for my plan. Might cost me 1pp per serving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna make this Apple crisp I have everything except the spray. I can’t believe it’s not butter. Could I use something else?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection