Review of Orange Is The New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison

I finally finished the book Orange Is The New Black and as stated before in a previous book, I loved it. It was a quick, easy, fun and emotional read. I seriously could not put the book down. Her writing is fun and interactive and at times you felt you were in the prison with her. She talks a lot about her feelings and thoughts in prison, rather than what might have been on, which I appreciated. I always wondered what might have gone on while my mother was in jail and her thoughts and emotions, really pulled it out. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. I love memoirs and this one is the best, its different and love even more that it is now a series on Netflix. Which of course I just started watching. On Tuesday when I was trying to recover from my stomach bug, my boyfriend and I decided to start the series and it was so good we made it through 6 episodes, I am hooked!

The series is a little bit different the book, some names are changed, but most of the story-line is still there. The part of the series I really love is the fact that they are telling the stories of each inmate there, unlike the book did. I love that. You are getting to see and become attached to different people in the series. Go out and buy this book, download it and then watch the series, you will not be disappointed.



Series poster! New, second season will air in 2014.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection