The joy of breakfast

So we have all heard the saying.."Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" and I never really understood how important that was until I started my healthy lifestyle journey 2 years ago. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, it kicks my whole day off into high gear. It fuels and gets my gears in motion, before I am in moving motion.

I used to really just enjoy lunch and working in the mall you can find some really get places to have lunch. You know the places, Chinese samples, pizza, Chick Fil A, Hooters wings, Red Robin, Cheese steaks and of course Auntie Annies, with their warm pretzels. Oh I could go on and on. But I can confidently tell you I never eat in the food court anymore, not that I cant, I really just choose not too. So lunch is usually something quick for me, that I brought from home. When I am off of work, I really put together a nice lunch, but work wise, I am gobbling it down before the next customer walks in. But breakfast, oh breakfast has become my favorite now. The possibilities are seriously endless.

I can have oatmeal, my favorite overnight oats, yogurt, some fruit, egg whites, waffles, toast, cereal, you get the jiff. On days I close, which my shift normally is 1:15-9:15, I can make my breakfast and take time to really put together something great and of course enjoy my cup of coffee out of a real mug. What I want for breakfast always just depends on the mood I am in. Some days I just want yogurt and a fiber one bar, others a big bowl of cereal or like this morning, I wanted egg whites, sausage and an English Muffin. I On days I close, I like to eat higher in points for breakfast because I am not sure when I will be able to eat lunch or if I will get too, so I fuel myself.

This morning I made, egg whites, mixed with green and red peppers, diced. I took a Multi Grain Light English muffin and toasted it, and then spread one wedge of the new White Cheddar Laughing Cow Cheese on the muffin, the flavor is heavenly!



Then I sliced up some tomato and made an open faced egg white sandwich. Then I made 4 turkey sausage links and brewed my coffee. I added some sirachai to my sandwich for some kick and I started my morning off right.


It was filling and only 7pp, tons of food and tons of fuel. I have now dedicated to myself on at least one of the days I close or are off, to do this again, make a nice homemade breakfast because it makes a huge difference and I ended up having a great day at work.

So the old saying is true, breakfast is the most important meal and hey you can have it anytime of the day really, get creative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone