Thursday, October 17, 2013

Endure The Work, Love The Workout

Yesterday was kind of a busy day off for me, but I figured I could recap as much as I could.

Started my morning off with a 11 mile run downtown. Usually when I do my long runs, I wake up at 5:00 and head downtown to be there by 6:00. I like to start my morning early so I have the whole rest of the day and considering I am doing my longer runs, it usually means more time, usually the length of time is 2 hours. It is a long time to be running and exercising. I choose to sleep in a little bit longer because I just couldn't get out of bed. My bed was literally calling my name and had a grip on me. Plus the weather has been so nice, I thought a later run would be okay. So I slept in for a hour more and started my run downtown about 730.

The run was beautiful, the weather was great, there was a small breeze and be still my heart, my fuel belt was perfect. I was running slower than last time because I just did the 11 miles 4 days before, but it felt great, my legs and butt weren't as sore as before. I didn't use nunn this time just water and it was perfect. After my run I relaxed downtown just taking in all the beauty and had the best honey crisp apple and my Zico water.

I was starving when I got home so I had this for breakfast:

Very random and it was all I had and it was exactly what I wanted. A jalapeno string cheese, two turkey sausage patties and a apple cinnamon Chobani yogurt and of course some coffee! Perfection.

After I refueled, ran some errands, had quick lunch and took a 45 minute nap. Then I went downtown again to walk with my Weight Watchers group.

 My legs were pretty sore but I wanted to go downtown and spend some time with my WW group. They have supported me so much and there Wednesday night walking groups is what started it all for me. Between the running and walking I earned 27 activity points for the day, and I tried to refuel all day long.

I know now I need to eat those points, I need to keep my body moving and grooving and it is okay, as long as I am eating the right food and not junk. So I did, well most of them and I was okay and felt good all day long. Had a great dinner of chicken, acorn squash and a sweet potato.

My legs were restless for most of my sleep, so I tossed and turned a bunch to get comfortable but today is my second day off and it is rest day to the fullest. I am making my way to the couch and just laying it out and even going to take a nice long nap later!