Weekly Weigh In: Brought to you by Mr. Stomach Bug

Yesterday I was completely down for the count, I mean throw in the towel, call a replacement in, down for the count. Around 6:30 am yesterday morning, I started to have some really bad, unusual stomach pains, I thought at first it was because my Aunt Flo had come to town, but then I started getting sick, throwing up etc. And that just didn't seem right. Well once I got up at 8:00 and got ready for work, it seemed to be every hour I was running to the bathroom to throw up. I tried to make it until 1:00 clock at work and ended up leaving at 11:45, thankfully I had someone to cover, I couldn't even make it through a sale.

I ran home and then it all begin. The chills, the sweats, the pain and the constant throwing up. Every 45 minutes I was running to the bathroom, I tried to sleep for a bit but nothing was working. I tried to eat crackers, water, ginger ale, bread and once I got it down, an hour later it was back up. Eventually I got some applesauce down, or at least I thought I did and around 10:00 last night that came up, I seriously thought I was going to die. First off I never get stomach sick, like ever, secondly I do not do well with being sick. I am a pretty strong girl, but when it comes to being sick and weak, I am a hot freaking mess. I'm tears flowing like crazy, dramatic, everything you can think of.

After my last stint with the bathroom, I finally fell asleep, as best as I could. I tossed and turned all night long, between chills and cold sweats, but I didn't throw up. I had to be on a conference call this morning, and I was feeling okay. Was able to get down some dry toast and some water. My head was pounding, so I took Tylenol and went back to bed. Ended up sleeping for 4 hours straight, no getting up, just a solid 4 hours. I felt much better, probably about 60 %, huge improvement. I was able to eat some of a protein bar because I was feeling so weak and get a nice clean shower in and have been able to re-hydrate with some plain water and coconut water.

I went to Weight Watchers to weigh in, I still have to keep with a routine. I wasn't sure what the scale was going to say. I know I didn't eat anything all day yesterday, but I didn't think it would impact the scale so much. I stepped on and to my surprise, it said 148.8!!! I finally went over my 152 hurdle I have been sitting at forever!!! Now, I don't know if it had a lot to do with the stomach bug or my hard work, but I mean to see that after feeling so horrible yesterday, I will take it! Plus it makes me want to work even harder! I lost 3.6 pounds since last week. Again, it seems to me like a fake weigh in, but I don't know but after the hell I went through, this is all worth it.

I will stick to my points this week and only eat my activity ones, which is what I have been doing. And if I gain next week then so be it, but I am going to try so so so hard to stay in the 140's!! This plateau has been crazy and I just want to get up and move on and maybe a stomach bug, as crappy, no pun intended as it was, is just the motivation I needed.

Last week 152.4
This week 148.8
Lost 3.6 pounds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone