Baked Mexican Black Bean Spaghetti Squash from Undressed Skeleton

First off this dish was beyond delicious!! I will be making this often, and being that today normal is my Taco Tuesday day, I opted out of getting my typical Taco meal and made this instead. I am so glad that I did.

I found this recipe from Undressed Skeleton

Here is her link Undressed Skeleton

She is an awesome blogger, as I had posted earlier. I swear every day she posts new things and they are easy to make and so low in calories, which results in low plus points.

Here is her recipe for this truly amazing dish

Baked Mexican Black Bean Spaghetti Squash

Serving Size 1 cup
1pp or for 2 cups 3pp

1 extra large Spaghetti Squash
1 can of diced chili tomatoes
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed and low in sodium
4 Tbsp of Green Chilis
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 cup of shredded Mexican Reduced Fat Cheese
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of cumin

I microwaved my spaghetti squash because I wanted to speed up the process a bit. I knew if I roasted it, it would take more than a hour. I cut the spaghetti squash in half, scooped out the seeds and guts and then microwaved each half for 8 minutes. I placed a wet paper towel over each half. Holy heck microwaving the spaghetti squash is so easy!!! There is no excuses in this household now for cooking when all it took was 8 minutes.

After I microwaved the squash, I sprayed a 9x13 pan with Pam and pre-heated my oven to 350 degrees. Then in a large bowl I put everything together, BUT only half of the cheese. I scooped out all of the squash and mixed everything together then put in pan. Then put the remaining cheese on top and baked for 30 minutes.



Then I ate lol.

Oh man was it yummy.

I put two tbsp of salsa on top and paired it with a piece of chicken for a bit more protein.

There is so much leftovers because my boyfriend is away for a few days and I am totally okay with that because more for me and I will be eating this for lunch all week!

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Just made this! It was yummy, although I think my spaghetti squash was a little small, so I added poached chicken into the casserole just to "soak up" some of the tomato. Was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many points is this for ww?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone