Date Night

James and I try to have at least one date night a week, sometimes it consists of just going to dinner and pigging out or dinner and a movie, either way, we try to have one night we go somewhere together besides our traditional Taco Tuesdays. It is hard for us to have time now because we both work retail and well with the holiday fast approaching, I mean really fast approaching, our schedules are becoming total opposites. Considering we both have time off this week, we wanted to do a dinner and a movie last night, but James got home late from work, we knew a movie was not going to be in our plans. So we decided to go out to dinner downtown and then grab a couple of drinks afterwards.

James and I have been together for probably 7 years, on and off. Officially as a "couple" per say for the 4 years, either way or for how long, it has been the best. We sure do have our ups and downs, sometimes the downs seem to out weigh the ups, but one thing is for sure, I love him with all my heart. He seriously is my biggest supporter and my heart. He has been with me at my heaviest and still managed to make me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. We haven't had a downtown drinking night in a really long time. We have gotten comfortable in a routine and became very domesticated, which don't get me wrong, I love that, but sometimes we need to remember we are still in our 20's and need to have a little fun.

And so we did last night..

I LOVE this picture of us!!! We went out to dinner at the Hollander Hotel and had a great meal. James or Bubba as I refer to him as had a beer and I had a red sangria.



We split a garden salad and Bangkok Shrimp, which is similar to Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill. It was super yummy. This meal was probably my cheat meal for the whole month.


For dinner I ordered their famous Stuffed Meatball. I love meatballs and bread and sauce and this had it all. The meatball was a bit too tough for me and the cheese was all at the bottom, but the bread was heavenly. I ate probably half of the meatball and took it home. I enjoyed a beer cocktail with dinner also, I forgot to snap a picture of it.


Look at that monster. It was good, I seriously could eat bread and sauce everyday of my life, but moderation is key for me. And its amazing how delicious it really is when you aren't abusing the flavors and experience.

After our delicious dinner we walked downtown more, thank goodness, I needed to walk off that dinner a bit. We went to one or two more bars and I just enjoyed a glass of red wine. It was so nice for us to just get out on a Saturday night and just unwind. We rarely do so and I can say since we don't do it all the time like we used too, we really enjoy it much more now.


How perfect this is...

In more ways then one...




Comments

  1. That is a marvelous picture of you and James. How happy you look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection