Just A Thought...

Lately I have been seeing between my Instagram and Facebook, etc, a lot of people running Full Marathons and I am becoming more and more inspired. Marathons are all over, not so many here in Florida, mainly because of our insane weather, but Baltimore, New York, Boston and Chicago, all places I would love to visit and run! So I think the bug has been planted, I want to run a full marathon.

It sounds crazy to me and gives me chills with the idea of me even entertaining this thought and typing this. Never in my wildest dreams would I consider running 26.2 miles, but I have changed and thus have my wildest dreams. And as I sit here with sore legs and feet from running 11 miles, I can only imagine what it would be like to tack on another 15 miles to that pain, but you know what it is something I want to tackle. Now I am not saying I am going to start training tomorrow or sign up for my first one in the next month, but it is something I am looking and setting an ultimate goal towards.

I don't know what tomorrow will  bring or a year from now and I don't want to wake up one day and say I really wish I did that. I love running and I love the accomplishments and satisfaction I get from running. Seeing pictures and reading stories in magazines of accomplishing a full marathon seems like an experience I need to have in my life.

I have my half marathon on November 24 and then I am taking on a Challenge in February with a race that goes on around here, the Gaspirilla Distance Classic. So after that, I think I might just start training for a full marathon and this time next year I will be accomplishing it. I know for sure I will be doing this before I turn 30 in July 2015!

Here is to new goals, dreams and ultimate motivation!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone