Jamie Eason's Lemon Protein Bars

I love protein bars. I mean if you know me, you know I love Quest Bars, but sometimes they are high in points and calories, so I like ones that give you just the right amount of low fat and high protein and I was given these bars.

A friend of mine gave me some recipes for low calorie, high protein bars from the  Body Building website. Jamie Eason is a fitness guru and one of my ultimate people I want to look like someday. She is all fitness I want to be and make these bars and they are amazing. She has a couple different flavors. They are easy, quick and delicious. I have made each kind and I can't pin point which one I enjoy the most.

I made these Lemon Bars today and I love them. They are refreshing and perfect for a quick protein fix. I have them as a snack, breakfast and a side of lunch. One serving is two bars, 86 calories and 2pp+ for the serving.

Hit the link to find the recipe on Body Building, but here it is now also for your convince.

Lemon Protein Bars

Ingredients:

1 cup of oat flour (I have used oat or whole wheat)
2 scoops of Vanilla whey protein
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 qt Crystal Light Lemonade ( preferably without aspartame, I have used Pink Crystal Light Lemonade also for this flavor)
4 egg whites ( I used liquid egg whites, which was 12 tablespoons)
1/2 cup of Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
8 oz Unsweetened Applesauce
4 oz water

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix oat flour, whey protein, salt, baking soda and crystal light in a large bowl.

Mix egg whites, sugar substitute choice, applesauce and water in a bowl.

Add wet ingredients to dry and mix together.

Spray a 8x8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter.

Pour ingredients into dish.

Bake 23-25 minutes

Makes 16 squares, 2 sqs per serving.

Delicious!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone