When it rains...keep running

I have to say today was just one of those days, in a good and bad way. I went to run with Jacke downtown today and our run started off great, then all of a sudden the sky got really dark and then it opened up. We planned on doing 4 miles, and by the time it started raining we were half way done, so we figured what is a little rain, well it turned out to be much more, buckets were literally being thrown at us.

 I felt like Forest Gump, rain was coming at all angles, all types of rain.

Fellow runners we were passing, they got us, they understood we had mileage to get in and we were going to get it done, no matter what. It stung our eyes so bad, our bodies ached from running through pools of water, and we were just beyond wet. OH and the best part, as we were running, I looked down at my pants and suds were coming out from my legs. Yup, laundry detergent was still stuck to my pants and from the running and water, it was creating soup. I didn't know how to react, I was so embarrassed, but at that point all I could do was laugh.

We had a great morning plan that after our run we were going to go the Saturday Morning Market, but because of the rain we only made it to one stand. But we did finish our mileage, even if we walked a bit. When I got home, I had the worst chills and all I wanted to do was get in my sweats and get warm. I got nice and warm with a cup of coffee and even laid down for a bit, I was out of it, luckily I had to close today.

The majority of the day went smoothly and even had my favorite pizza for dinner, the boyfriend was buying and I was really happy all I had to do was pick it up and not cook.

Hope everyone had a dry Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection