Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fruit, Veggies and Nuts

I enjoy reading other bloggers post and especially love when they have posts about recipes and snacks they are making. Undressed Skeleton, whom I have posted before, posted a picture of a blueberry, avocado, pecan, almond, honey drizzle snack she had made awhile ago and I was intrigued. I love all of those items, but was sort of weary about throwing an avocado into the mix. Don't get me wrong, I love avocado, BUT with fruit, I wasn't too sure.

So today after I ran, I was hungry, of course, so I made my lunch. Nothing fancy just a can of Progresso Light soup and then paired with this snack as a dessert option. Now my measurements aren't the best, I try to weigh and all that, but sometimes I just want to just put in everything and go for it.

1/4 cup of blueberries
1 tablespoon of cut up avocado
3 peach halves 
11 whole almonds
3 dried apricots
1 tablespoon of craisins
3 pieces of Nestle Baking Chocolate Chunks
A drizzle of Light Agave
A drizzle of Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Poured it all in a bowl and mixed.



OMG! Is the best way I could describe the taste and texture and amazement that was going in my mouth. It was salty, sweet and crunchy. All the things I love. I have a weakness for trial mix and this was a best way to sustain that craving and having it be good for me. The tastes all mixed so well. The veggie was such a great addition, it actually gave the mix a tart and then bam with the sweet of the blueberry and syrup. It was really good. I think I might even make it again for dessert tonight or definitely again during the week.

Have fun with it. Mix whatever you want, just remember in moderation is key.