Fruit, Veggies and Nuts

I enjoy reading other bloggers post and especially love when they have posts about recipes and snacks they are making. Undressed Skeleton, whom I have posted before, posted a picture of a blueberry, avocado, pecan, almond, honey drizzle snack she had made awhile ago and I was intrigued. I love all of those items, but was sort of weary about throwing an avocado into the mix. Don't get me wrong, I love avocado, BUT with fruit, I wasn't too sure.

So today after I ran, I was hungry, of course, so I made my lunch. Nothing fancy just a can of Progresso Light soup and then paired with this snack as a dessert option. Now my measurements aren't the best, I try to weigh and all that, but sometimes I just want to just put in everything and go for it.

1/4 cup of blueberries
1 tablespoon of cut up avocado
3 peach halves 
11 whole almonds
3 dried apricots
1 tablespoon of craisins
3 pieces of Nestle Baking Chocolate Chunks
A drizzle of Light Agave
A drizzle of Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Poured it all in a bowl and mixed.



OMG! Is the best way I could describe the taste and texture and amazement that was going in my mouth. It was salty, sweet and crunchy. All the things I love. I have a weakness for trial mix and this was a best way to sustain that craving and having it be good for me. The tastes all mixed so well. The veggie was such a great addition, it actually gave the mix a tart and then bam with the sweet of the blueberry and syrup. It was really good. I think I might even make it again for dessert tonight or definitely again during the week.

Have fun with it. Mix whatever you want, just remember in moderation is key.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection