10 Miles on 11.12.13

Oh my goodness what a fun date today is.. 11..12..13! I work in an occasion driven business, so fun days like this I really enjoy haha. I mean I we wont see a date like this again, kind of cool. Since I didn't do my long run on Sunday, I had to get it in today because it is my other day off. Believe me when I say, I did not want to get up this morning. I could have slept all morning and 5:00 am came really too quick. My stomach was feeling really bloated, so I ate sort of light this morning before the run, I had a KIND Peanut Butter and Chocolate + Protein Bar.



I really enjoyed that bar, I usually stick to an English muffin or waffle with PB, so this was a nice change of pace. The goodness of the bar was definitely a nice filling breakfast, but after the 10 miles my stomach was surely growling. I think protein, nut bars are better for me when I do a smaller run, I need the waffle and delicious peanut butter for the long run. I also realized I need to have a GU or Chomps or Sports Beans not only at mile 6 or 7 but before I even start my run. I need that extra energy for sure.

This is why I pile on these long miles and long runs and test foods and enhancements so much in advance that way come the half I will be prepared and set up for success. Today's 10 miles was a nice run. I know I say this a lot, but I guess I am on a constant runner's high because my long runs don't knock me down, usually it is the smaller runs. It was a cool morning which is so refreshing.

I also tested out new pants too that I will be wearing for the half, to make sure they fit right and such. The pants were great and even though it was a cool morning, I was dripping in sweat.



I finished the 10 miles in 1 hour and 52 minutes and an overall pace was 11:11, another fun number game. Each mile I kept to nothing over 11:30, which is my goal. My legs were sore and I was having some muscle soreness, but I made it through and it was a success.



This is my last long run before the half and I have to admit that I don't have to pile on anymore long runs for the early morning. I really enjoy being able to sleep in at least 2 more hours. I cant believe that the half marathon is in 12 days. Time is flying and each week I am getting more and more excited. I love this excitement, oh and I am super excited for the EXPO the Friday before. I will be treating myself to some awesome goodies, I mean Christmas is right around the corner.

Well now that I got my long run in for the week and the day, I am enjoying the rest of my day off, running errands, my weigh in, some Taco Tuesday lunch and a couponing workshop.

Have a terrific Tuesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection