Weekly Weigh In: Back at Square One

Last week was a bit of a bummer with the gain of 3.6. I don't know what it was or what made it happen, BUT the key was I didn't let it get me down. If there is one thing I have learned this year alone with my lifestyle is the scale doesn't always reflect the progress that is at hand. And I used to not believe that, but really it is very true, it is only a number. That number does not define who I am, it might reflect what I have done, BUT not who I am and how far I have come. Nothing really does except for how I feel about myself. And despite the gain last week, I was feeling pretty darn fantastic! I shrugged it off, had my tacos that night AND frozen yogurt and enjoyed a pre-birthday dinner with my Love.

The next morning I got up and ran my 9 miles and put the weight behind me. I did this for the whole week. I ate my activity points, I worked out, ran, walked and drank water like it was my business. I ate lots of veggies and really took into account what I was putting in my body. Oh and I had a small slice of cake with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday and had Pei Wei on Saturday night because I was too busy, scratch that, too lazy to cook. The idea is I didn't go crazy and crash diet, I didn't get upset or exercise my brain off, I just kept living my life and doing what I have been doing all alone. And it paid off.

I ran 10 miles this morning and was nervous when I weighed in, the scale would reflect my water weight, or sore muscles who knows. I didn't really care, I was still going to weigh in no matter what. I always do, I make sure I do every single week, no matter what. I have plans this evening so I figured I would weigh in this morning and to my very happy surprise, I lost the 3.6 pounds I had gained last week. So I am back at square one, right where I was 150 pounds and I am happy with that. Being back on track makes me feel whole again. And makes me want to try every harder and move that number. More importantly move the number and keep seeing those results in the mirror. The weight watchers receptionist even said you look so skinny, never would have known you once weighed 234 pounds.

Yup neither could I!!! :0)

Last week 153.6
Current 150.0
Lost 3.6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection