Fab Finds: Garden Lites Products

I really enjoy trying new foods, before my healthy eating days, weird food or things out of the ordinary,were well out of my ordinary too, I would never venture out and try new foods. Then the craziest thing happened, I started losing weight and my pallet changed. I really enjoy trying new items and new foods, especially veggies. I came across these products originally from Hungry Girl, she mentioned them in one of her emails and I take her advice pretty highly, so I knew these were going to be good.

Garden Lites are a line of frozen souffle and veggie muffins. I have only tried the souffles, but I saw in a recent magazine they now have a line of veggie muffins, which look really tasty. I love these line of products because they are made to be quick and easy. They are packed with protein and vegetables. The souffles come in microwavable bowls and take only about 4 minutes to make, something I can bring to work and eat quickly. I have had success finding these products at Target and Publix.

Click here for a line of their products, coupons and store locator's
Garden Lites

I took from the website the following pictures to show you the flavors I have tried:
Broccoli Souffle
This was the broccoli souffle. I was not a huge fan of it, the texture was a little off and it tasted like a big bowl of steamed broccoli. I love broccoli but this item needed just a little bit more too it.
Butternut Squash Souffle
This is butternut squash souffle and it is very delicious! It reminded me of Thanksgiving and it was a perfect lunch combination. Most of these souffles are 5pp and they have the points values on the box. They are perfect by themselves or a nice addition to your evening meal, such as with a salad, some pork or chicken.

Pizza Souffle
This is the pizza souffle and it is my absolute favorite. I have this bad boy at least once or twice a month for lunch. The "crust" part of it is cauliflower and the sauce and cheese, really make it seem like you are eating a personal pan pizza. I seriously never thought I would like this, but oh man is it delicious!
veggiechili
While the pizza one is my all time favorite, this one is giving it a run for its money. This is the veggie chili and cornbread, two of my favorite comfort foods. The veggie chili is packed with beans, peppers, onions and tomatoes and the cornbread is a perfect base. The cheese on top wasn't overpowering. I made this for dinner last night and fell in love.

Pumpkin
I haven't tried this one yet, but I did pick it up at Target. It is the pumpkin spice souffle. It literally looks like a mini pumpkin pie, I mean who couldn't eat a whole pumpkin pie, I know if I could I would. This is a perfect portion. This flavor is ONLY sold at select Target locations and I will be stocking up for Thanksgiving, so I can enjoy the holiday but not blow my points. I read a review on another blog about this flavor and they said it was delicious, especially with a little maple syrup on top. I think I will enjoy with a squirt of Fat Free whipped cream and some cinnamon. YUM!!!

While posting these pictures from their website, I found other flavors I would love to try; loaded potato, southwestern and all the veggie muffins look great. I am glad these have been introduced into my life.

Comments

  1. The Southwestern is my absolute favorite! It's got a little spice to it which is nice since some of them are a little bland. Although some green chili sauce fixes them all right up! I am also really happy to have found these :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone