My Whirlwind..Scratch That, HURRICANE of a Week

Good Friday Morning.

Oh my gosh it has been a little over 9 days since the last time I had checked in. Remember when I would write every day. Remember when I had the time to do so.

Yeah me neither. Life is pulling me in a million and one directions. You should hear the ongoing fights I have in my head on what I should get done now and then. Believe me sleep and resting seems to always win first.

That basically has been my life since the last time we had chatted. Halloween for us was something super simple. I worked in the day and then just made it nice and comfy on the couch and called it a night. We ordered some pizza and watched Sons of Anarchy. Which, could be my new favorite show and we are on the final season. I hate to see it leave, it AGAIN, has been a show I didn't think I would love, but oh man...and look at this sexy man...



There is just something about a bad boy for sure.

Then came this week. I knew this week was going to be long, but I guess I wasn't sure how long it really, really was going to be...
hSunday at work we had our annual Holiday Floorset. Well up until my promotion, I was prepared to do the one at my old store. I knew it was going to be a long day, but man was it ever. The new store is way different than my old one, which brings me to long nights. I worked from 645-815. Almost 14 hours with drive time. I was tired and hungry and my body ached. I could barely move when I got home because I was constantly just moving the whole day with setting the new displays. We got it done, but god it took forever. Then the rest of the week I was going in early, every day to get the store fixed up, shipment, my paper work, etc.  I have to go in early because it is seriously the only time I can get stuff accomplished and I STILL feel like I got nothing done.

So when I come in super early, still means I have to work my full shift. So the days become 10 or 9 hour days. Which, yes, I get it, it is this time of year, but by God, really the first week of November!! I am seriously just waiting anxiously for the end of December!!!

I clocked in at 53 hours this week. It is a nice testing point for what the holiday will be bringing me. I have not worked out at all this week. I did do a quick one mile run to our friends house the other night because they invited us over for dinner. So to get my work out in, I threw on my running clothes and ran. It felt so good to sweat. Working out was hard this week for me to just adjust. I hate to make excuses but I was just so darn tired. I try, but by the time I got home, I was beat and with the time change, I was just off.

I mean, I work my Ass off at the store, so I am so tired. But I will do much better next week. I guess I just needed to focus on one thing right now. I am off today through Sunday, so I will be running at some point every day, walking around and getting my sweat on and then setting up a schedule and sticking to it.

My eating has been good too. I have brought my lunch every day. Usually just a sandwich, because it is quick and easy. I have brought my breakfast every day too. Not great, usually a piece of toast or something or yogurt. My coffee game is strong, with a cup on my ride in and before I open the store, going to Dunkin Donuts! I seriously love that there is one in the  mall.

If you are ever shopping at Countryside Mall, please feel free to win me over just bringing me a coffee, iced or hot with skim milk and 3 splenda :0)

My weight has been good too. I feel good, granted how tired. I lost 2 pounds this week, not sure if it was water or what, but the scale said a number. The scale is going down slowly but hell I am fine with that, its making its way down. I am feeling better in my clothes again too. I put on a pair of jeans the other day, not just leggings, which hell day off weekend, that's where it is at.

But I feel good, I have to incorporate more veggies for sure. I have been a bit lack luster on those this week and fruits, so stocking up on those is a must.

I promise this week I will get back to my typical posts and have more food related and running. I start my half training plan on the 15th, so like I did in the past, I will blogging daily about that.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection