Week 5: Amping up my Running!!!

I really need to get typing away the beginning of the week, rather than later on. So last week, was week 5 of my fitness year! Week 5 brought a lot of fun and some more running, which lets be honest has been a little bit of lack luster lately.

So week 5 started off pretty strong, as I got a 3 mile run in at night on that Sunday. I went and saw A Dog's Purpose with Nanci, Jesus was that a tear jerker, holy heck. We literally cried from start to finish. I am not even kidding on that one!!!

After I went and picked up my favorite pooch to watch him for the afternoon. He was a complete snuggle monster, I think he knew how much the movie did me in. We relaxed for a bit and him and I were both ready to get running. Running with Sherman is a bit tough, he likes to go fast and chase a million squirrels so getting into a rhythm is tough, but for smaller runs and walking we are getting through it.

We managed to get through 3 miles.

Tuesday I had gotten home from work way earlier than I anticipated which is always a great thing. The weather was perfect and my Spark was tasting fantastic and kicked in at the right time. I planned to just run for a little bit, mostly 2 miles. Well I ran until 2 miles and turned around and ran back again for a nice total of 4 miles. And let me tell you, it was amazing!!!! I have not ran that long in quite some time, but it wasn't just the miles, it was the whole thing that I had the time and just went out for the run. Nothing holding me back, just me and the road.

I had that runner's high back again and it was glorious.

The rest of the week was not great. I felt a bit off, not sure what was going on. So I took some rest days and then on Saturday was the first race of 2017 for me. I did Best Damn Race 5k in Safety Harbor, you know I was feeling all kinds of great feels with that one from my Friday Post! The race was a great success. I ran it with my favorite ladies


We had a great run. No competition or trying to break any PR's or anything like that. It was just us 3 going out and running for the love of the race and earning some really cute bling. It felt great to cross a finish line again too, it I has been since Thanksgiving that I have done a race and there is seriously nothing greater than crossing that line.

And I love this picture of us. While I hate my arm, seriously it looks like a big old turkey leg. I am feeling more confident again with my stomach. I know it is leaning out and getting smaller and I am thrilled to see that happening. I really have to get into toning again. Why do I have such a hard time working that into my work outs???

So week 5 was all about the race and getting my love of running back. Half Marathon training is beginning and this was the week, I needed to kick start it off. And I can not wait to get more races going under my belt!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection