Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Weekend Off

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!!

Can we please acknowledge that in 3 days it is Halloween and more importantly the end of the month of October!! Meaning the end of the year is even closer. God, I literally feel like it was just February.

Time seriously just needs to slow down!!!

But while I am here lets recap what I have been going on lately.

As of last week, I had a pretty busy end of the week. Thursday and Friday I had travel days with work.  I went to Tallahasse and Gainsville and Ocala in those two days, doing store visits with my Boss. It was an awesome learning experience for me. She taught me so much in those two days alone and I learned a lot of what it was like to be a traveling supervisor and what to expect when going into visits. We stayed the night at a Hilton and it was really nice, but I just could not sleep. I ended up getting up super early, which made for a super long day. By the time I got home on Friday, I was beyond beat. I ended up crashing into a nap and then just laid around the rest of the night.

No grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry or anything I was hoping to do. Which to be honest felt great. James brought home Chipotle and we watched Sons for the whole night. Then came my weekend off, which was FANTASTIC. I mean one of those weekends, I truly, truly needed.

On Saturday, I got up and went for a run. My body has been battling a bit with me lately. So I set out for 3 miles. I ended up running the first mile, then walked a 1/2 mile, then ran to 2. Then walked the last mile. I was having calf pain and shin splints and everything else in between. But at least I got active and out there.

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon with Nanci! We had a great time. We went to the Tampa Bay Reading Festival, which was small and I thought for sure they would have more books for sale, but hardly any. The weather was perfect and we got a coffee before hand, which of course is something we do. And we literally chatted the whole time. We hadn't seen each other in forever, so it was amazing to catch up. Then from the Festival we went to the Saturday Morning Market, we walked around and Nanci had never been before, was I was so happy to show her how fun it is.

Then we went to lunch and had the best sandwiches at Locale Market. I got a grilled turkey panin, which now is my favorite way to have a turkey sandwich. We did more talking and walking and ended back at the market to get some produce. I love getting produce from the market because it really is much cheaper. We still had some time before we had to leave, so we sat in the grass by the water and continued talking.

Nanci is truly an amazing friend to me. We have only really known each other for a short time,  but we feel like we have been friends forever. She is so easy to open up too and we have so many things in common, I really value our friendship. I hope you have friendships like that in your life.

Then we said goodbye and I headed to the grocery store. I crashed when I got home, we did a lot of walking and it felt awesome. Then James and I wanted to have a really chill night. We got PDQ for dinner, went to Bath and Body Works so I could take advantage for there awesome candle sale and then ended with Yogurtology. That is always the best ending to a date night.

Sunday, James took me out for breakfast. It has been our new thing to do in the morning before football on Sundays. I love it. I LOVE going out for breakfast probably even  more than I do going out for dinner or lunch. Then we drove around some beach areas, looking for possible places to live in the next year :0) Then it was Football time with our friends.

I was a bit tired and lazy, and James had wayyyyy tooo much fun, if you know what I mean, watching the game lol. I laid down for a bit and then had some retail therapy at Target.

Then I started my work week at my new store. My first day went great. The drive was not bad at all. It made for a long day but I know this will be all worth it. IT is truly different then what I have been used to all these years, but it really is good. I am so excited for this new adventure and ready to take it on.

Working out has been good the last two days too. Despite wanting to just relax when I got home on Monday, I had a snack and went for a walk. It felt good to get my legs moving, I do not sit at work and constantly moving, so it sucks to work out, but it really does make a huge difference.

Yesterday, I was at my old store, training the new store manager and then came home, had a snack and then went to the gym. I wanted everything to say no, but I didn't and now today I am off and taking advantage of laying around and just relaxing and later going for a run.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and let you know how My Fitness Pal is working out for me.

Thanks for reading!!