What We Are Reading: October



Hey Everyone! So it is that time of the month with my Favorite post I do, with Nanci, our what we are reading post!

Okay, so I have to admit, this one will be short and sweet because man oh man, I have not put a lot of effort into reading like I have really wanted too. At night when I normally would read, I am now catching up on my T.V. shows on Hulu or James and I are now watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix, which by the way is my New Favorite show, why did I wait so long to watch it.

So my one book that I had read and finished was The One and Only by Emily Giffin



I really enjoy Emily Giffin and her books, I have read a couple of them in the past and really loved the characters and the stories that went along with them. This book, I had some really high hopes for because I heard so much hype around it when it came out around last year. My cousin even said it was a great book to read. Okay, so I enjoyed the book, but it was really just ehhhh to me. The one thing I liked was it involves a lot of focus around Football and when I was reading it, it was the start of football season, so it fit perfectly.

The  main characters were very bland and it didn't have a whole lot of personality. And not to give away too much of the plot, the book went one way I really didn't think it should have. Yes, there was a love story aspect to the book, but it was a weird love story, almost creepy.

The character I enjoyed more was the main characters best friend, it should have dealt more into her. The book and chapters became predictable and in the end, you just knew it was going to happen that way. No punch which I have had with Emily Giffin before. It was a nice and easy read and yes, entertaining.

I am glad I read it, but I defintley recommend her older books instead.

What is your favorite Emily Giffin books?

Make sure you head over to Nanci's and say hi and see what she is reading too!!!

Have a great Sunday and I hope you can curl up with a good book with us too.

I know I am diving into some fun ones coming up!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection