October Goals

I know, I know I say this EVERY month but where the hell has the time gone, it is OCTOBER 1st!!!!

It is just beyond insane to me that it is that time already.

The nights are defintely getting darker much quicker, which I hate because I was really enjoying my 7;00 o'clock night run, now that is pushing it a little bit, but heck you gotta do what you gotta do.
So with October for my life really starts to come A LOT of craziness. Work really starts to amp up, in the sense we start to really prepare for Christmas. We start hiring for our seasonal engravers, business picks up and my working hours and stress, nicely start to kick in lol. But its all good, I am really, really trying to be on top of the game with it all, and so far, so good!

The other day, though, actually, I was driving home from work and thinking about my success with Weight Watchers, my success with weight loss and where I want to go and take it more. I know for sure, I really want to lose 10 more pounds. In a perfect world, I want to lose that by the end of the year, that would just be amazing.

But I am taking it month by month, little goals, 1 pound a week, would be perfect for me. Slow and steady wins the race, seriously. But with Weight Watchers, I have gotten wayyyyyy to loose with. I track religiously, but not all the time if that makes sense. I wouldn't track a drink or a meal because I knew it would go over my points and KNEW I had my activity and weeklies to fall back on. I wouldn't really track the right amount because I knew I had all those extra points and I have been on the program for almost 5 years now.  I know all there is to know.

I was just getting too comfortable. I need to get UNcomfortable. I need sometime to challenge, excite me and getting me going again. I would have a good week and then a bad week and it would just go up and down. And I was eating the same things, not getting creative, you know it a rut.

So I have been seeing a lot about Macro counting and Calorie counting. I am using My Fitness Pal, I inputted my macros into two different websites, that I had seen on SkinnyMeg.com I am trying the first one out with my caloric intake.

Which would be 1490-1548 in calories...

151grams in Carbs
139g in Protein
43g in Fat

This might be hard, but I am really liking it so far. Plus, I have realized, I eat a LOT of carbs. I am a carb lover for sure, so I enjoy how this is going to make me slow down and really get into what I am doing. I am not 100% on the macro's just yet, right now I am just sticking with Calorie counting.

Are you still with me hahaha??

All I know I  am switching things up and seeing where it leaves me. I am not getting rid of WW just yet, at the end of the month, I just might. But for know it is my back up.

Also this month I am enjoying my cardio a whole lot. I love cardio, the simplicity of it. So I have been doing 2-3 runs a week and then the bike or treadmill. This girl is ready to take on these tough months and really dive in.

So my Goals for October...

1.Enjoy some Pumpkin Beer on a Date night and track it.
2.Run a 5k in mileage at least once a week and then the other two days, just around 2 miles and such, until Half Marathon training next month, I will get into that next month.
3.1 piece of Halloween Candy a week, a caramel apple pop is my favorite.
4.TRACK every single thing I eat and drink.
Enjoy this new calorie tracking, embrace it and see where I go with it.
5. Take time for me, once a night, reading or coloring.
6. Stop looking at my phone all the time and just unplug for a bit a night, that is a tough one, but I will try lol.
7. Enjoy my time with my Mom when she is in town.
8. Eliminate the stress and run with it!!!

Alright it is out there and I am ready to go.

What are some of your goals this month???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection