Eating on the Run with McDonald's Food Changes

We all live in a fast paced world, right? We try to slow down but most of the time we are running out the door and our feet are following right behind us. There are times I forget to bring my coffee, breakfast and lunch to work because I am so busy trying to make it out on time.

I have a healthy commute for work, 30 miles round trip and roughly 30-45 minutes worth of travel, with traffic or accidents etc. And the same for the way home and then sometimes I travel for work to other locations, being in my car for a nice 8 hours. On those days I am so busy making my way out the door, I forget I need to eat. While I don't always stop for fast food, I know am happy to say I wont mind searching for those Golden Arches with the changes McDonald's has made to some of their menu items and lucky for me there is one on my way to and from work.

Here are some of the changes I am happy to see...

1. Committing to 100% cage-free eggs by 2025. I can enjoy my McMuffin a little bit brighter now.

2. Speaking of McMuffins, which holy yum, they are moving the margarine to 100% real butter

3. No more high corn fructose syrup in their buns for their famous Big Mac, Quarter Pounders, Filet-O-Fish, cheeseburger and hamburgers and McChicken sandwiches.

4. A big change is the removal of artificial preservatives in several items, such as the best chicken nuggets ever, the Chicken McNuggets, the pork sausage patties and omelette style eggs served on McGriddles and Bagel and Biscuit sandwiches.



5. They have replaced iceberg lettuce with romaine lettuce, baby kale and baby spinanch in the salads also.

I am McLoving the changes to the McDonald's menu.

The eggs and salad changes make me one happy girl. I have always enjoyed a egg sandwich with my fresh coffee and then for lunch or dinner, I know I can choose a good meal on the way home and not feel so guilty about it. And with the changes to these menu items, I can have a balance and enjoy a small order of fries, which we know are the best or a McFlurry for those hot days, Lord knows we have them here.

Also for some of those who live in different cities or areas of the world, McDonald's has been introducing other options for food too, to spice things up and make some changes such as in New England you can order a Lobster or Lobstah (my NE friends know ;0) Roll made with 100% North Atlantic Lobster or in San Fransico Bay Area you can order Gilroy Garlic Fries. Yum.

It is fun to see the changes McDonald's has been making. Fast food gets a bad wrap and can be eaten in moderation but it is awesome to see that NOW I can make some really good choices and not worry about all those added factors.

I might just forget my lunch or breakfast just so I can swing on by :0)

Check out what other changes McDonald's has made here.... McFoodChanges

Comment below with which food changes you are most excited to try and you can win some free Be Our Guest coupons for Free Food with McDonalds ( Tampa Bay Area Readers only)


*Disclaimer with my partnership with Tampa Bay Bloggers, I was given free coupons for my contribution to this blog post about the changes, my opinions and thoughts are all my own.*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection