Doggie Days of Summer Treat




Recipe ALERT :0)!!!
So I have a part time job.

Well it isn't really much of a part time job, I don't get paid for it.

Except for in big wet, sloppy kisses and snuggles from this handsome guy...


This is Sherman and he is my part time job on my days off!!! I watch him during the day for one of our friends while he is at work. Sherman has become my favorite part of the week and he is an absolute treat and blast to hang out with. He seriously makes my heart full with love and joy, I couldn't even express before. He has been the stand in puppy until the day James and I get our own. 

Which seems forever away... 

But having Sherman around has opened up and entertained the idea to James more and more of us getting our own dog. It has only taken 8 years!!

One of my favorite thing to do with Sherman is going on walks and runs. He LOVES being outside and lucky for him, as do I. We go for long walks downtown and around our neighborhood, or even sometimes we find a special new place to check out. Our walks can go for a quick mile or up to 3 plus miles, depending on how many squirrels he wants to try to attack and catch and how hot it is.

Pets react different in the heat than humans, so keeping Sherman cool and hydrated is a big priority for me when we have our adventures. The minute we get back inside, it lays on the cool tile floor with his water. I wanted to give him a cool treat to enjoy after our walks for being such a good boy.

I went on to Pinterest and found a really quick and easy recipe with ingredients I had already and made these...


Excuse the coffee cup in the sink, I am still working on my great blogger photography skills. Just #keepingitreal.

Okay so these little treats are so easy

Dog Days of Summer

1 ripe banana
1/2 cup of Natural Peanut Butter
Some water to have more a consistency to it to pour into the ice trays

Mix together. Pour into ice trays and then add a like dog bone as the stick.

Pop in the freezer for 1-2 hours. 

They are a bit hard to get out of the ice trays at first, so I ran a knife down the sides and they popped right out.



Look how cute these are!!

And someone absolutely loved them...



These will be in my freezer all the time now.

And minus the dog bone, or you can if you want, these would make a nice little treat for humans too haha.

Enjoy!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection