Sustaining Energy In Your Day....

It has been a week....

Yup and it is only Tuesday AND we had a Holiday on Sunday..

Crazy right, how one day can make it seem like it has just been all over the place crazy.

When I am having a rough or bad day, a work out sometimes can be the last thing I want to do right?

You just want to curl on the couch and just veg out, your energy from the day is drained and you are feeling all kinds of crappy.

When I lack energy,  nothing, and I mean nothing seems fun to do or appealing. BUT I know I need to get out there and get a good work out in.

And I know it isn't the bad day that is making me not work out, but it is what I choose to eat earlier in the day that has just made me feel icky. Good food choices through out the day make for better work outs and allow you to handle stress much better.

So when you are having a bad day, do not go for chips, grease, fat, candy, cookies. Yes they seem sooooo good in the moment right. The sweet taste of a victory!! BUT it will not help you in the long run.

Grab for something healthier....

Cut up some veggies for that crunch rather than chips.

Grab and apple, strawberries or grapes for the sweet craving. Fruit has natural sugar, that will give you that boost that sugar does, but it won't back on the pounds, nor give you a serious crash.

Or even better for some carb options that don't include a loaf of bread. I know I have been there before, especially at Panera, gosh that smell. Grab a banana and cut in half and spread some Peanut Butter or Almond butter on top and you have some carbs, protein and GOOD fat. Even sprinkle some mini chocolate chips, its okay, you have to splurge sometime.

Grab some protein! Protein is a HUGE factor for me when my energy is feeling low. I usually keep some quick protein around me at all time to make sure I can sustain my energy through the day and night. For lunch I try to pack some chicken and tuna and cheese sticks are my jam.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! Keep yourself hydrated, it is so very important. Some days when I am feeling dragged down, it is because I was not hydrated through out the day. I started with my coffee, which I will not give up and that was it. And realized I had not drank anything else. I grab some water and bam, color is back in my skin and I can feel my energy going back up.

Start your day with a multivitamin or a vitamin of choice.  Vitamins pack a lot of nutrients in one tiny pill or gummy, to help you sustain energy through out the day.

Try one of these Go Macro Bars to help keep your energy through out the day too. These Go Macro bars back some serious energy in a clean and healthy way. They are one of the only protein and energy bars on the market that are gluten, organic, vegan and soy free. So you don't feel that heavy after taste of a big bar, you have energy to take on the day that sustains through out your crazy day AND energy to take on a your work out.


I grabbed one of these before one of my long runs and man the energy I got from this bar was perfect. I was logging some serious miles that morning and I needed some to just keep me awake and going but before a long run, heavy foods to not sit well with my stomach, if you know what I mean... But this bar kept my energy good through out the whole run. I know stash these in my lunch bag, for my ride home commute, allowing me to feel good, awake and energized to take on some work outs when I get home.

Fueling your body with clean food makes for a better day and a better workout, which leads to a better life down the road.

What is your favorite food to help you sustain energy through out the day and workout??



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection