Thursday, July 25, 2013

Comfort Foods: PB&J Sandwich

I know a lot of people complain when they are "dieting" they cant eat anything, just lettuce and air. Well I can tell you I eat everything and anything. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want and however I want, BUT I choose to do it in a healthier way and on my terms. I have not given up anything I loved before, I have just made it a different way and found ways to make it fit my new lifestyle now. Case in point, PB & Jelly Sandwiches.

Growing up and throughout life I loved comfort foods and believe me, you will see lots of posts of comfort like foods from me. The difference is how I go forward with them now, instead of how I used too.

For instance my PB and Jelly Sandwich is made with the amazing PB2, Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves and Light 45 Calorie Bread. My PB&J is only 3pp, where a typical one can run you about 11pp!!! Are you kidding me??? I could have 4 of my version for 11 regular one. WOW!! Its amazing on this journey, I have looked back on how I used to eat and where I am not and the difference is crazy. I have no desire to go back, not because of the calorie content or the point difference, but because I have seriously no desire or urge, I love powdered peanut butter and sugar free preserves, my taste buds adjusted and I let them because I am motivated to make this my life and keep it that way.
3pp!!! 

3pp sandwich and 3pp Chobani Yogurt! Yum!