Special K Nourish Part 2: Cranberry Almond



So I believe a couple of posts ago I mentioned the new Special K nourish hot cereal items. I had tried the Maple Brown Sugar Crunch, it was tasty, not great but not bad. I had picked up a second one also, Cranberry Almond, same concept, just different mix-ins. The hot cereal part was still a combination of quiona, barley, wheat and oats. The only difference was instead of just almonds to mix in, it was almonds and cranberries. I loved the cranberries part. It was perfect as a mix-in. It made me think about picking up some craisins to keep in my house so I could add them to my own oatmeal from time to time. The hot cereal mixture was a little bit bland because it didn't have that brown sugar scent or taste to it. I would definitely sprinkle in some cinnamon or splenda to sweeten it up a bit. The almonds and cranberries were portioned out and I thought they were just enough. The texture between the soft cranberries and the crunchy almonds were perfect. I ate it for breakfast this morning and kept me full for quite some timed, also paired with my coffee and a banana.

While I don't think I will buy the Maple and Brown Sugar Crunch one again, I might just purchase the Cranberry Almond one from time to time or if I was going out of town, etc. If not, I will definitely be trying to mimic it with my own creations and oatmeal. You be the judge, if you try them, which one do you like best???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection