Fab Find: Special K Nourish Maple Brown Sugar Crunch

First I would like to say I am a big fan of a lot of Special K items. I love most of their cereal, especially Red Berries and the pastry crisps are a perfect 3 pp snack. I have noticed this new line on display on my BzzAgent website but also in ads on the Internet, but haven't dug into it. My bf and I were picking up some items at our local Winn Dixie and I saw an end cap with the Special K Nourish items sitting there and on sale for 1.99. I picked up the two flavors they had displayed. Special K Nourish Maple Brown Sugar Crunch Hot Cereal and Cranberry Almond. This morning I decided to try the Maple Brown Sugar Crunch. I was in a hurry for work and wanted something quick and easy and try something new. The top of the lid holds a mixture of almonds and then you pour in 1/2 cup of hot water in the cup which holds the oat mixture and I microwaved it for time purposes rather than steeping the water into the coop. It cooked up just like oatmeal does, like the Weight Watcher Oatmeal I have and the  Quaker Oats brand. The smell of the maple brown sugar was heavenly. You have to let it set for a good 1-2 minutes because it is extremely hot and the mixture thickens up. This is a description I got from the website Special K Nourish Maple Brown Sugar Crunch
     "A multi-grain hot cereal with superfoods like quinoa, oats, wheat and barley, it’s also a good source of fiber* and protein. And of course, is lightly sweetened with maple brown sugar and almonds. "

After I let it cool, I dug in. It was very tasty. I couldn't really distinguish the flavors of quinoa and oats and wheat and barley. It tasted just like oatmeal to me. The almonds definitely gave it a nice almond touch. This item is very convenient. The price was right at 1.99 per two pack, but for 5pp, I would rather make my own oatmeal or stick with my current brand of quick and easy oatmeal I use, which range at 3pp. But it was worth the try and the taste for sure. I still have the cranberry almond also to try :0)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection