Let Me Introduce Myself...

USo I have had this little piece of Internet heaven for awhile now, almost 3 years and it has grown and I have grown over those 3 years. I have branched out my blog a bit, and it is a work in progress for sure. But I noticed as I have changed, maybe readers have changed and I wanted to take it back a bit and Introduce, Well RE-Introduce myself, its been awhile since you found out who I am!!!




Alright, let me introduce myself, my name is Angelina. I always introduce myself as Angelina, items on documents, my name tag at work, when I am new to meet people it is Angelina, BUT I prefer being called Angie. Angelina is only when I am in trouble :0) And when you really get to know me Ang.

Funny story about my name. I used to hate my name. I am not sure why, I mean it is a name but I guess growing up it seemed so formal. So when I was in 5th grade we had a D.A.R.E graduation thingy. I told my teacher, please announce me as Angie Allerton, not Angelina. He didn't question it and I was happy. After graduation I ran over to my parents, beaming with pride that I graduated and my Dad looked at me and said, Congrats but you are to NEVER have someone introduce you as Angie. You are ANGELINA Allerton, that is your name and it should be said that way always.

I forever remembered that. So for every graduation or introduction I am Angelina. Funny how those little moments stick with you.

Okay, back to Re-Introducing myself. I am planted here in St. Petersburg Florida. Yup living in the Sunshine State for 7 years now. I am originally from Upstate New York from a little town called Catskill, which is roughly 30 miles south of the state capital Albany. I lived there my whole life, up until 18. I love where I am from. Small town America is what I knew and loved. I am never ashamed of where I came from, it wasn't hard or I had a bad life, I just knew after High School I was going to move away. I have a wandering spirit I believe.

I went to college in PA, more importantly NEPA (North East PA). In another small area called La Plume, which Keystone College resided. LA Plume is near Scranton and to be honest it is way easier to say that. Yes, Scranton where The Office took place, but not took place, joys of Hollywood. I went to college for 4 years and graduated with my BA in Communications. I wanted to be a journalist.

I worked all through High School and College. Working various jobs, Eckerd, Macys as a Floater, Aero, Piercing Pagoda and Kay Jewelers. I stayed in college for 4 years and it was the best 4 years of my life. Seriously going off to college, even though it was a small town, it was the best experience. I met some of my very good friends there and made unbelievable memories and actually learned a ton.

After college I stayed in the Scranton area for a little bit. Not sure if that was where I wanted reside forever. I stayed for a full year and then moved to MA with a high school friend. I loved the Boston area, I needed a change and she needed a roommate. I took that song from Augustana called Boston to heart you could say.

I loved living outside of Boston but honestly I wasn't in a great place in my life. My roommate and I were good friends, but living together was a bit difficult and she was super busy with school and life and I was working and adjusting. It was expensive to live there and cold. Boston or Quincy actually gave me my independence and showed me I can back and move and go anywhere. It also got me closer to my now boyfriend James. He had moved to Florida after college to be closer to his dad and I moved to Boston.

We had been friends with well we can say some benefits and now we were miles apart but talking all the time. It was nice. I decided I wanted to visit with him in Florida. I ended up visiting 3 times in a year and on the last trip which was in April around that time, I decided I was moving to Florida and starting over, Again.

So I went  home and my family kind of already knew. I would stay in my apartment until that August and then move. James looked for an apartment for me in Florida, I searched for jobs online and I was ready to go.

I moved in August of 2009 and I haven't looked back. James and I have taken our relationship obviously since then to a whole new level. We have been living together and together for probably 8 years. We are NOT getting married, so need to ask when we are. We are happy being together just as us. We live in an apartment and looking for a house next year.

I work full time and then some you can say as a store manager for Things Remembered. We are the store that engraves gifts and yes you pay for the engraving and we do it there. It is a lot of work being a manager and it is tiring but it is rewarding and I love my job. I am also a district trainer and working towards being a DM someday.

I have a pretty great life. I love to read, drink coffee, drink wine, naps are a given on my day off for me, I love sleeping. I love to be positive and uplifting and read books that help self growth. I watch way too many shows, but I am sucker for new series. I love going to the beach, even though I don't get to go as much as I should living in Florida. I love wine and bubble baths. I love being Organized and have a Planner I use, even though I haven't been great with it lately. I am forgetful and thoughtful. I am super bubbly and outgoing. But I have my moments when I am shy.

I work really hard in my weight loss journey. I used to follow Weight Watchers and with there help I lost 70 pounds and have successfully kept off 60. Yes, I have gained around 10 pounds over the last 3 years, but it goes up and down. I LOVE RUNNING. Seriously I started around 5 years ago and it was the best thing I could ever have done. I have run 13 half marathons, tons and tons of 5ks and other miles in between and I ran my first FULL marathon 2 years ago, pretty proud of how much I love running, considering I HATED it growing up. I mean hated it.

Funny how you change over time. Yes, people change AND can change for the better. I am that PERSON.

I love to eat healthy, but yes I do choose processed food at items. I do snack on non healthy things, BUT I make really good choices 80% of the time and the other 20% is fun.

I don't judge on food choices.

I started this blog as an outlet because I love to write. I love to sit down and just talk. I post about my running. I post about books and life and cooking, even though I have been bad with posting about food lately. I have fun post with the Tampa Bay Bloggers and my bestie Nanci. Sometimes I post about events and products, but I can promise it is 100% all me!!!

I love this blog and all I talk about and I hope you do too.

So that is me, the person behind Run.Chew.Sparkle :0)

Hope you come back and stay awhile!

And you can find me on Instagram @runchewsparkle
Twitter @Angelina718
Facebook page is RunChewSparkle
Goodreads Angelina Allerton
snapchat Angelinaa1888

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone