My Marathon Anniversary: Believe Me It's a Thing

So two years ago at 8:00 on a very cold, fall morning, I stood at the starting line in Forest City, PA, anxiously awaiting the cannon to go off to let me know the marathon was beginning!!

26.2 miles later, missing a sweat shirt and gloves, no more fuel in my pouch and with very tired, sore legs and arms, yes arms, 5:55 minutes under me and my family and friends off to the side, I crossed the finish line to my first FULL marathon.

One of the biggest and hardest and most rewarding experiences of my life. Seriously, nothing compares to that moment, I still get chills thinking about it...


Image may contain: 1 person , people smiling

It was hard and it was long. Not just the marathon, that bitch was crazy, but the training that lead up to it was even harder. I trained for that marathon for 6 months and the 6 hottest months in Florida. I learned a lot from that marathon and I changed in more ways than one. My weight went up and down, my legs got a lot more toned, my waist got a bit smaller and my confidence and my belief in myself got stronger.

I knew no matter what I was going to finish that marathon. There was not a doubt in my mind, even if I walked the whole thing and it took me 17 hours, I would get it done. I was never giving up and never stopping.

Two years later, I still have that drive and determination. Despite how achy my body feels or hurts right now. Today I went out for a 2.62 mile run to remember my marathon and I still cant believe I did it. Today, I struggled to get to those short 2.62 miles and really I walked the .62 part because my hip was hurting. It is amazing a lot can happen before, during and after a marathon.

My love and running routine is definitely different than two years ago too. Two years ago, I was running for training and running to accomplish a  marathon. Today, I am running to keep myself sane, because I love to run and to continue to lose weight and exercise. Two years ago, I didn't suffer from pain, just little aches here and there and today, I feel like my hip is holding me back.

I might always look back and think, how the heck did I do that. How did I run for 26.2 miles, but the awesome thing is I can look back and say I DID THAT.

I actually ran 26.2 miles and each year I am going to run 2.62 on that anniversary for the fun of it!!

Will I do another one???

Believe it or not, I just might....

Not anytime soon, but I wouldn't count it out just yet!!

But for now, I will look back at my first one and remember the huge accomplishment I faced and completed for always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection