Comfort Food: Macaroni and Cheese

Not sure what it is lately but I have been wanting macaroni and cheese! On my Instagram a girl posted a picture of a box of Annie's Macaroni and Cheese and mixing it with a 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt, rather than using milk and butter. I thought that was pure genius!! And I cant wait to try it, but tonight I really wanted macaroni and cheese after work, I just didn't want to go and pick up a box. So I racked my brain how I was going to make this work, then it hit me.

I had read in an old Hungry Girl book or email that mixing Green Giant Just For One Broccoli and Cheese Tray with whole grain elbow pasta makes for a great low calorie and low point mac and cheese. I was stoked because I had everything at home already!

So I cooked up some Barilla Whole Grain Elbow macaroni. Measured out 7 oz, about 1 1/2 cups (7pp) then I cooked the broccoli and cheese tray.

Broccoli & Cheese Sauce (4 trays, 17 oz.)


I mixed the broccoli and cheese tray into my pasta and then I tossed in a Weight Watchers Jalapeno Cheese wedge ( you can use any cheese wedge you like, ww, laughing cow, store brand, all work great), mixed everything up, broke up the cheese wedge and then put everything in the microwave for 1 minute, to make the wedge a little bit more creamy.



Then mixed until it was creamy and gooey. Put some pepper on top and Done. It was perfect, not too cheesy, just enough creaminess and the broccoli gave it a great flavor. The pasta was perfect and filling. Whole total meal was 9pp!! Perfect for over a cup. I will be doing this again and I love how guilt free it is!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection