Slimming Down & Saving On Starbucks

I love Starbucks and their crafty drinks, I do not love however the point values that come with the expensive beverage, but I do indulge when I can. When I went on vacation back in July and order a Venti Iced Green Tea Latte, and found out the points were 12, I was sickened. I hate giving up 12 points for one item. I ended up drinking only half of it. I know I ordered it all the wrong way, whole milk, a size too big, not needed at all, that's where I started the mistake, but the biggest one was it was close to 6.00 dollars and I didn't even get satisfaction out of it.

So I started pinning on pinterest easier ways to make green tea latte or green tea fraps. A lot of them mentioned Green Tea powder, which is quite hard to find or very expensive, especially for something I probably wont make or use everyday. Then today I found it at Target, not the powder but Green Tea Latte concentrate you mix with milk or milk substitute!!! Woohoo!

I grabbed it and couldn't wait to make it. You mix 1/2 cup of the green tea concentrate with 1/2 cup of milk of your choice. Stir and serve hot or over ice. I choose Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk for mine over ice, with a single Splenda packet. I also squirted a little bit of Fat Free Reddi Whip and sipped away.



My version came to 3 pp for what I would consider a grande!! Starbucks evens out to 6pp! 3pp savings and less than the 5.00 they would charge.

Coffee house taste, savings in my pocket and on my waist!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Point Apple Crisp

Let's Go To The Movies....And EAT at Cobb Theaters Tyrone

Perspective: My Trauma, Fear and Rejection